ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neo__x

Applying for ILR

Post by neo__x » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:43 pm

Hi there,

I will have completed 4 years in the UK on the 19th of May this year. What's the earliest date I can apply for ILR (in person, not through post) ? I take it it's 20th of April ? I have seen many threads saying you can apply as early as 28 days before you have completed 4 years in the UK. Or is that only applicable to postal applications ?

Thanks

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:35 pm

Depends on the immigration status you have held for 4 years here.

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:10 am

4 years work permit expiring on 14th of May.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:53 am

Why do you think you have to rush?! Is you work permit expiring?
Just wait until you get your 4 full years and then apply at any time.
If however, your work permit was exactly 4 years, yes, 3 weeks in advance for postal applications, or if you have a lot of money to pay for a personal visit - make an appointment and see an immigration officer in person a few days before the expiry.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:55 am

Personally I would apply as soon as elligible, especially in these times of uncertainty. With all the talk of changes to the immigration rules all the parties are going on about (quotas, points sytems, etc) I would want to get it done ASAP.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for ILR

Post by f2k » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:58 pm

neo__x wrote:Hi there,

I will have completed 4 years in the UK on the 19th of May this year. What's the earliest date I can apply for ILR (in person, not through post) ? I take it it's 20th of April ? I have seen many threads saying you can apply as early as 28 days before you have completed 4 years in the UK. Or is that only applicable to postal applications ?

Thanks
28 days is correct. i think you say your WP expires on 14th, so you will definitely have to go before that. Its also wise to apply as soon as you are eligible, there are cases were pple have left if for the last minute and the found themselves in trouble when something goes wrong and they cant make it to the HO on time