ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desnetk

IGS Extension

Post by desnetk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Just out of curiosity, I’m on IGS until June and planning to extend my visa for PSW. I have a PG Diploma and I’ve heard rumors that PG Diploma won’t be acceptable anymore for PSW. Is there anyone who can comment on this? greatly appreciate any comment.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 am

Why wait till June? If you have £800 or more in your account since last 3 months. Then you can extend to PSW now. They will give you 1 year plus remaining period of IGS.

Anyways its not a rumour that there is no more PSW on PGD AND PDC after 31/3/09. But dont worry you will get your IGS to PSW transitional extension in June 09. Rules will be the same for you guys. Just dont forget 3 months bank statement with £800 or more throughout.

Nyt nyt

Tier1G
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1G » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm

hi pure_soul,

I have similar situation as desnetk except I'm holding a Bachelor's degree.
Is it possible for people holding PSW visa with Bachelor degrees to apply for Tier 1 general after 01/04/09? If it is not, how could they switch their category when their visa expire?

Thanks in advance.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Tier1G wrote:hi pure_soul,

Is it possible for people holding PSW visa with Bachelor degrees to apply for Tier 1 general after 01/04/09? If it is not, how could they switch their category when their visa expire?

Thanks in advance.
Mate if you have the required earning points then go see a lawyer and apply HSMP before 1/4/09 with same day application. If you dont have required earning points then you will have to study towards Masters degree to get HSMP. You can study towards Masters degree on PSW visa or switch to student visa now/after your PSW runs out.

Please no one can help you if you just keep asking the same questions. HSMP only on Masters degrees after 1/4/09.

Cheers

Tier1G
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1G » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:54 pm

pure_soul wrote:
Tier1G wrote:hi pure_soul,

Thanks in advance.
Mate if you have the required earning points then go see a lawyer and apply HSMP before 1/4/09 with same day application. If you dont have required earning points then you will have to study towards Masters degree to get HSMP. You can study towards Masters degree on PSW visa or switch to student visa now/after your PSW runs out.

Please no one can help you if you just keep asking the same questions. HSMP only on Masters degrees after 1/4/09.

Cheers
Thank you very much. I just didn't see your reply in another thread.

subhra28
Newly Registered

IGS extension

Post by subhra28 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:14 pm

I am on IGS which will be finished on 25th april 2009. Than I wil get 1 year extension. But my problem is I have failed to maintain my 800 pound for last 3 months. But I have joint account in india where available fund is available. Can I use it to extension IGS. Is it possible. Also anyone plz tell me is any other option is available. I will be really greatful.

pure_soul

Re: IGS extension

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 pm

subhra28 wrote:I am on IGS which will be finished on 25th april 2009. Than I wil get 1 year extension. But my problem is I have failed to maintain my 800 pound for last 3 months. But I have joint account in india where available fund is available. Can I use it to extension IGS. Is it possible. Also anyone plz tell me is any other option is available. I will be really greatful.
Yes you can use joint account from India or UK. Make sure bank statements clearly show ur and joint account holder's name. And you can also use both accounts if you are falling short of £800 in one of them. And this is your best option so stop thinking about any other option.

Cheers

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Re: IGS Extension

Post by mayurbar » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:16 pm

desnetk wrote:Just out of curiosity, I’m on IGS until June and planning to extend my visa for PSW. I have a PG Diploma and I’ve heard rumors that PG Diploma won’t be acceptable anymore for PSW. Is there anyone who can comment on this? greatly appreciate any comment.
it is not rumours. It is advisable for u to apply before 31st march because if u go to the website of UKBA you will find out that no PSW visa will be issued for PGD or PGC except PGC in education. so u better doublecheck and start processing. i am serious. all the best!

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:50 pm

mayurbar wrote:
desnetk wrote:Just out of curiosity, I’m on IGS until June and planning to extend my visa for PSW. I have a PG Diploma and I’ve heard rumors that PG Diploma won’t be acceptable anymore for PSW. Is there anyone who can comment on this? greatly appreciate any comment.
it is not rumours. It is advisable for u to apply before 31st march because if u go to the website of UKBA you will find out that no PSW visa will be issued for PGD or PGC except PGC in education. so u better doublecheck and start processing. i am serious. all the best!
yeah u r rite but i got a question can anyone study full time on PSW...

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Post by mayurbar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 pm

yasa wrote:
mayurbar wrote:
yeah u r rite but i got a question can anyone study full time on PSW...
I haven't got a clue.

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 pm

yes you can study full time or part time !

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 pm

yes u can study full or part time !

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:59 pm

chilbuli wrote:yes u can study full or part time !
ok thanks...