ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOES EXISTING HSBC bank a/c realy helps to open an a/c in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harneet691

DOES EXISTING HSBC bank a/c realy helps to open an a/c in UK

Post by harneet691 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

can some1 highlight some facts on this.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 pm

No

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Try to open an account with other banks then HSBC, they are absolute cr@p..

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm

yes it does..
I found hsbc quite useful and infact i had opened my account just one day before i travelled from India to UK

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:06 pm

hey but my experience with HSBC had been always gr8 (in India & UK both).. having a HSBC a/c in India didnt help me getting one opened here.. no co-relation between both..
I have a/c with Citibank too (India & UK).. they r not that good.. heard from colleagues that in UK, LlyodsTSB is good too..

@Golu.
HSBC insisted me to open an online saver a/c or invest my money in savings, many times.. i was foreseeing problem with the statement.. so dint open one yet.. will do it after my visa extension.. :)

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 pm

You can probably ask your HSBC branch to apply an account for you here before you arrive.

But otherwise it should be relatively easy to apply once you land. The only problem is that it might take up to 3 weeks to get your account up and running + debit card.

So make sure you have enough cash or a card from back home to tide you over during that time!
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm

I dont think it will make any difference if you have HSBC India account.. It works otherwise as HSBC India is after business from NRIs.. the only advantage having HSBC is money transfer to India HSBC NRI account in just 3 working days ( Not the best rates though).. But HSBC UK will follow the book.. not even a document here or there..... but i personally consider HSBC a stable bank.. especially in this market.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/curr ... :12oq02cu0

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:49 pm

for hsbc uk account,
you can open the account from india and ask for branch pickup in uk. choose a branch close to where you will be staying.. the actual acount opening will be done in mumbai but you can submit the forms in any indian (not uk as i had written previously) branch. their only condition is for you to open an nri account and 1 lakh balance which you can build over 6-8 months or something like that....
Last edited by inputsOnHSMP on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeid79
Newly Registered

Post by aeid79 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 am

only if you are HSBC premiere customer , the account will be opened without the need for a UK address and will be opened on the spot.