ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sinuthom
Newly Registered

Bachelor Degree

Post by sinuthom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 pm

My BSc degree (from MG University, Kottayam) is been assessed as equivalent to British Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree by NARIC. The point calculator shows 30 points for this course. However, some where in this forum I saw a posting which says that their application got rejected since the qualification is Bachelor (Ordinary) degree. Any idea whether I am eligible to apply with this qualification?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Bachelor Degree

Post by push » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:27 pm

sinuthom wrote:My BSc degree (from MG University, Kottayam) is been assessed as equivalent to British Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree by NARIC. The point calculator shows 30 points for this course. However, some where in this forum I saw a posting which says that their application got rejected since the qualification is Bachelor (Ordinary) degree. Any idea whether I am eligible to apply with this qualification?
Go by what the points calculator says. If you get 30 points for the course and institution, you are good to go.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sinuthom
Newly Registered

Post by sinuthom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks a lot

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 am

Include copy of Point Calculator sheet with your application.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am

Would be good to apply quickly before the changes to the Tier 1 take effect.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Amendments to Tier 1 of the Points Based System
7.14 Tier 1 of the Points Based System caters for highly skilled migrants and was fully launched on 30 June 2008. This Statement of Changes makes a number of amendments to it, of which the key ones are:
Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will receive no points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate Certificates of Education.
Migrants applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will receive no points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000. This change will not affect migrants who already have leave under Tier 1 and are seeking an extension of that leave.