ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP spouse visa heading

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

HSMP spouse visa heading

Post by ayesha khan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:14 pm

hi all,
i got my EC in 5 days from pakistan along wt my husband
submitted my passport on 28 march thru courier service
got my passport on 1st april.

but they have written work permit dependent on my husbands passport instead of hsmp dependent.can anybody tell me it is right or not? wt they usually write for hsmp dependents?
can anybody share their exp wt me wt they(BHC) have written in their spouse passport?
THANKS
dr ayesha.

Rex

Post by Rex » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:36 pm

Could u plz let me know what docs u attached with visa application.

I'm also from Pakistan.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:26 pm

In my case my wife and daugher got visas saying HSMP - dependant of MYNAME (MY DOB).
I think work permit is wrong as HSMP is not a work permit...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:08 pm

Congratulations, I remember you wrote earlier and you were worried about EC process. Dont worry about husband's EC that is what they seem to put in the dependent's visa. Your husband can still work without any restriction ( of course for some professions you will have to register with the relevant bodies), i have attached a link to a document produced by the Home office for the benefit of UK employers and this basically goes thru the process and explains the different stamps.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... idance.pdf its quite a thick document (65 pages) but it might be worthwhile to print it with you and carry it for the purposes of the employers agancies who might not be aware of HSMP

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha khan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:37 pm

f2k,
thanks for sending the site.

Rex,

i hav send the following docs
original passports
covering letter
bank statements
home office original letter
job letter
other educational docs like my degree etc( original)
marriage certificate(nikkah nama copy )
accomodation letter from uk friend
property docs

i hope this will help u.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:07 pm

ayesha khan wrote:hi all,

but they have written work permit dependent on my husbands passport instead of hsmp dependent.can anybody tell me it is right or not? wt they usually write for hsmp dependents?
can anybody share their exp wt me wt they(BHC) have written in their spouse passport?
THANKS
dr ayesha.

Contact the visa post and explain the error. Subsequently send the passport back with a covering letter (and copies of supporting docs e.g. HSMP approval letter + your spouses ppt etc). The visa post will issue a new EC and cancel the one you have "without prejudice". Do not travel to the UK with the current visa - its technically invalid.

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha khan » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:31 am

thanks kayalami.
i contact the courier service & they said they will let me know on monday
by contacting BHC.i am worried about this thing happened to us.

FLR

Post by FLR » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:54 am

Dear Ayesha,

I am currently in UK and have to apply for my wife visa next week. How much time do you think this may take applying from Islamabad. I have been told that they are taking 1 month to stamp wife visa, which I think is not right. My visa was stamped in October last year in just 4-6 days, though Fedex took time to let me know.

Wish you best of luck with everything.

-- Hafeez

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha khan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:53 am

Hafeez,

it will take 5 to 10 days.visa will stamped in 2 0r 3 days but courier service will take time.

good luck for ur spouse EC.

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha khan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:27 pm

Kayalami wrote:
ayesha khan wrote:hi all,

THANKS
dr ayesha.

Contact the visa post and explain the error. Subsequently send the passport back with a covering letter (and copies of supporting docs e.g. HSMP approval letter + your spouses ppt etc). The visa post will issue a

new EC and cancel the one you have "without prejudice". Do not travel to

the UK with the current visa - its technically invalid.
Kayalami,

I have contacted BHC directly and they have confirmed me that they issue both type of Visa for HSMP dependant .both r valid and same and there is no worry.