ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after submitting the naturalisation application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pradeep Kumar
Newly Registered

Travel after submitting the naturalisation application

Post by Pradeep Kumar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 am

Hi
My wife has got an appointment with NCS on 23rd of March and after that on 1st April she has to travel to India for one month .

Is it advisable to apply now or should apply after returning .
Regards
Pradeep

SidB

Post by SidB » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Pradeep,

I had the exact same question for the Home Office since I am applying in May and travelling exactly 5 days after. NCS advised that home office asks that the applicant be in the country for 5 working days after submitting their application.

I called the Home Office - they said the only requirement is that the applicant should be in the country on the day the application gets to the home office. They advise 5 days as a safe measure in case there are delays with NCS.

Provided NCS has dispatched your application correctly - there should be nothing to worry about. If you wish to put your mind to rest, you can call the citizenship helpline and re-confirm (and correct me if my version is wrong!).