ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will the HO answer about the status of immigration?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John2009s
Newly Registered

Will the HO answer about the status of immigration?

Post by John2009s » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm

I approached a company about a new vacancy...

On seeing my current WP, they told me, they need to
talk to the HO about transferring me to their company
and my exisiting status...

Will the HO really answer my status to someone who ask
about me?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 am

UKBA should not divulge personal details about you to a third party. But it's perfectly reasonable for the company to ring an employers helpline for advice as to whether a person with your status could be employed to fill their vacancy. Presumably they've got a Sponsors Licence? - otherwise they can't employ you anyway.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 pm

They cannot employ you if you have a work permit for someone else,you would have to apply for some other sort of leave.

You have already shown them your immigration status in any case, but I doubt UKBA would tell them about your records unless they use the Employer Checking Service:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... pport/ecs/