ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some problems leading to confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Some problems leading to confusion

Post by Rex » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:34 pm

Dear all,

I am really thankful for your support for HSMP process.
I have some question regarding work and extension for HSMP workers.

I am from IT. Basically a web developer.

1) If I claimed points for experince showing that I was doing a job, then I have to have a job in UK or I can be slef-employed?

2) For personal reasons I wish to work as 50%job 50%self-employment, will I be able to get extension under this situation?

3) If anybody has expeirnce of self-employment in UK please share, I would be grateful.

4) I heard that to apply for National Insuarance Number , one must have some bill on his/her name? Is it true? What if I live with someone on sharing?

Please clarify :? :? :?

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:45 am

Moderators please help!

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:38 am

I am part employed part self-employed. It is fine as long as you can provide documentary proof (contracts, invoices, bank statements, client reference letters etc). You do not need to have your own Ltd company by the way as some erroneously think, although that wouldn't harm. The key is to be economically active (=earning) and to be able to prove it using credible documents.