ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings evidence format/clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

twister

Earnings evidence format/clarification

Post by twister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am

Hi all.

I intend to apply for a Tier 1 in the coming days. Just wanted to confirm the format for the bank statement/letter for earnings evidence.

1. The bank statement does not show my salary credits as "salary transfer". It is paid by check by my employer. Is that ok? Any way to mitigate?

2. I am attaching a letter from the bank (in addition to the statements) it is signed, but not stamped (the statements are signed and stamped). Is that ok?

3. The statements from the bank are dated before the detailed salary transfer letter from the employer. Would that raise eyebrows?

Thanks for the inputs.

flygirl

Re: Earnings evidence format/clarification

Post by flygirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 am

twister wrote:Hi all.

I intend to apply for a Tier 1 in the coming days. Just wanted to confirm the format for the bank statement/letter for earnings evidence.

1. The bank statement does not show my salary credits as "salary transfer". It is paid by check by my employer. Is that ok? Any way to mitigate?

2. I am attaching a letter from the bank (in addition to the statements) it is signed, but not stamped (the statements are signed and stamped). Is that ok?

3. The statements from the bank are dated before the detailed salary transfer letter from the employer. Would that raise eyebrows?

Thanks for the inputs.
1. Banks have differentiate codes and methods of showing transfers, withdrawals, checks etc. on statements. The important thing is that the amounts match. Also, it might be useful to highlight the various salary earnings on the statement to make the case-worker's job easier.

2. A bank letter should be on letterheaded paper anyway, so I wouldn't worry about the lack of a stamp. Besides, the statement, which is the important document is in order. the letter is just an extra.

3. I'm not too sure I understand question 3.

twister

Post by twister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am

Hi flygirl.

Thanks for the reply. The 3rd point sounds a little paranoid. Nevermind, I am sure it will be ok.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings evidence format/clarification

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:04 am

flygirl wrote:
3. I'm not too sure I understand question 3.
Flygirl...

I agree with you that is the reason i also did not reply to this query..

@Twister.. to get correct info/solution n save time.. put/explain things more clearly so that we understand to help you.. little knowledge might be dangerous..

goodluck

twister

Post by twister » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 am

@tvn_ramesh - point taken. Some more thoughts on the matter though:

I have two bank account statements that I am submitting. The following is the info on each:

Bank account 1.

a) Letter from bank (with logo, stamp and signature) saying that I have had the account no. for such and such time and the balance is XYZ.

b) Statement printed on normal paper showing 12 month account activity with stamp and signature - mentioning the bank name.

Bank account 2.

a) Letter from bank (with logo, stamp and signature) saying that I have the account no. with the bank - NO balance information.

b) Statement printed on normal paper showing 12 month activity with stamp and signature - no bank name.

Query:

1. The bank statements say that I have a savings account, both do NOT mention that I have instant access to cash. Is that an issue?

2. Bank account 2 statement doesn't even have the bank's name. Do I need to beg the bank to come up with a cover letter that says the balance is/was a certain amount? So that the two corroborate each other?

Appreciate the help.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am

Banks have their own ways of operating. They have rules about what they can and cannot do. My motto is, if something's big enough to bother you (and won’t have any adverse effect on your application), try your best to rectify it. Ask the bank to print a letter including the bank balance in it. If they do, you have laid your mind to rest. If they say it is against their policy, your mind is still at rest because you know you’ve done your very best. If my bank just gave me a sheet of paper with no name on it, I’d be a bit worried too.

There’s nothing worse than telling yourself “Maybe I should have done this…. Or that….â€

twister

Post by twister » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:19 am

Flygirl - your advice has been taken. :) Thanks.

About the payslips, they are stamped and signed. However, the print date on the payslips does not match the date on the bank statement. I do have a letter from the employer mentioning gross and net salary (dates matching transfers).

Should I send the payslips also?

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:03 pm

twister wrote:Flygirl - your advice has been taken. :) Thanks.

About the payslips, they are stamped and signed. However, the print date on the payslips does not match the date on the bank statement. I do have a letter from the employer mentioning gross and net salary (dates matching transfers).

Should I send the payslips also?
As the letter from your employer and the payslips are treated as being from the source, either one can be used. If you are more comfortable with the letter from your employer, then go ahead and use that. The letter from your employer + bank statement fulfills the criteria. Just ensure the letter from employer has the information requested as per HO website.