ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmoon
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for parents

Post by salmoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:46 pm

HI ALL,
I want to get dependent visa for my parents.
Current status -
Me : single, HSMP(tier 1) holder, Live in a rented flat in Norfolk.
my sister: British national, lives with her family in her (owned) house in London.
my brother: in india with my parent, has family.
my parents: father aged 67, retired(gets pension) living with my mom.

My sister and I have a joint account and we send money to parents occasionally via bank.

My parents want to come and live with us in UK as my borther's family are not getting along well with them. Though they are living at same address.

To make successful application please advise me on following issue-

-should i ask my parent to live in a separate house, so that they can show different address and other stuff or they can live under same roof (with my brothre's family).
-should we send money regularly or it doesnt matter. I send 2-3 times a year.
-my sister is british national, so we'll apply for dependent visa on her account. she works only part-time, but shares my bank account. How will it affect our application.
-what documnet should we arrange for.
-should we apply direct or ask an agent.

Please guide us.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 pm

You definately need some initial advise on this one. Suggest you contact an OISC registered immigration advisor. As your parents have family in their home country and aren't solely reliant on you for funds, this alone
would make the application weak.

salmoon
Newly Registered

Post by salmoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks for response. My parents are dependent on me for funds as my father's pension is not enough so I send money. To save transaction charges taken by bank I send fund occasionally. They are really old and my brother is not interested to support them and he has family.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:32 pm

To be honest with you, I think you will find it extremely hard, if not impossible to get your parents into the UK on th evidence that you have stated above.

Trying to get ones parents to come and settle in the UK is without doubt the most difficult of visas to get.

The disatvantage facing you are :

1.That you yourself can not apply for a dependant visa for your parents because you are not deemed to be settled in the UK - Settle means you have indefinite leave to remain. You are on a HSMP visa.

2 Your sister is deemed to be settled . She can apply. However as she only works part time, she will probally not be able to support them financially.Furthermore it is Indian tradition that parents always lives with their sons and not their married daughters. This reason could be the downfall if your sister applied

3.You have a brother and his family living in India with your parents. This makes it very difficult for someone in the Uk to bring them over. I am afraid just because your brother doesnt get on with your parents is not a justifiable excuse for them to come and live with you in the UK.

To try and get one parents in the UK, the parents must be living in the extreme circunstances. They have no other family to turn to.They must be wholly reliable on finanace sent by family present and settled in the UK.

As much as I like to give you positive new, I am afraid I cant.
However feel free to do what Casa says and see if there are any other ways round this.

Read this link,it expalins procedures relating to this subject

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter15/

Good luck

salmoon
Newly Registered

Post by salmoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks for the information and the link. I'll also contact OISC advisor for further way.