ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husby Dependant visa refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedhsmpholder
Newly Registered

Husby Dependant visa refused

Post by confusedhsmpholder » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:31 pm

I am an HSMP visa holder. My husby was an illegal immigrant and he returned home to apply for a visa as my dependant but was refused.
He was refused based on paragraph320(19) which states that his presence is non conducive to the public. while he was in the UK, we lived in a shared apartment which was raided by the police in connection to a reported fraud case, all the male occupiers were arrested but released on bail. He travelled to his country while on bail to regularise his status to prevent his status issue from arising in the process of the case going on.
The ECO refused his application stating that he did not answer ''yes'' to the question'Do u ve any conviction that is yet to be tried in court'. ECO went further to state that he was arrested in connection to fraud while in the uk so he does not believe is presence will be conducive to the UK public. He was asked to appeal. What is his chances of winning his appeal or if he reapply and state all the relevant information, would he be granted a visa?

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:34 pm

very very good chances under Article 8 Human Rights ground! dont worry and appeal anyway.

This reason is mainly applied to terrorists. I dont know why they used it for your husband. weird.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I think there are good chances of your husband's appeal being allowed. I would suggest you to hire a solicitor to represent your case in the court as well as pepare the grounds for appeal.
Thinking low is crime....