ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

difference btw short stay visa&family reunification visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alooma

difference btw short stay visa&family reunification visa

Post by alooma » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:48 pm

hello guys
let me start by saying this is a very informative forum with a lot of clued up people with the right answers to questions,e.g(Directive/2004/38/EC
Guru) am chuffed!!!!!!!

now this bring me to my question what is the different btw a short stay schengen visa and a family reunification visa?

am asking this question because of the recent refusal of my neighbours wife's family reunification visa to accompany her husband to Spain by the Spanish embassy in London.

the reason for the refusal was that,her husband a British citizen dose not have an address in Spain and she was in UK illegally.

from what i understand by Directive/2004/38/EC the above requirement should not be requested?

please can anybody clarify me on this issue please?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Because this is about immigration to Spain, you may get more responses if you post it in the "Europe" section rather than the "UK" section.

alooma

Post by alooma » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:59 pm

thanks for ur reply p paper