ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected for Unclear proof of completed studies

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Appeal or Re-apply

Poll ended at Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Appeal
100%
Re-apply
No votes

Total votes: 7

Ting
Newly Registered

Rejected for Unclear proof of completed studies

Post by Ting » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi

My friend recently got rejected due to the fact that she did not provide the official award certificate for studies, since this was not produced by the university at the time. She instead provided an official letter from the university stating that she had been enrolled at the university and completed the MSc, the letter also states that the university anticipates the MSc to be officially awarded in March 2009.

The reason for the rejection was that the letter was not clear enough as proof for completed studies and it states that she is anticipated to be awarded the degree in March, meaning they don't know if she has really completed the studies or not, even though the letter actually states the following:
Person X was enrolled full-time and successfully completed the MSc in **** at ****** university for the academic year 2007/2008.

Since the rejection she has received the actual official Degree Certificate from the university and has now appealed the home office decision for rejecting the application.

I now need advise on how big her chances are to win? Should she maybe just withdraw the appeal and just re-apply with the new document even though she is really not entitled to apply again due the fact that her visa has already run out?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 pm

the letter also states that the university anticipates the MSc to be officially awarded in March 2009.
That is the problem I think.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 pm

I had a similar problem as your friend. I appealed and was successful. She should go on with her appeal. All the best

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:39 pm

In a similar situation, I did not have my certificate of award yet, I have submitted an appeal. All the best with her application, provided she can prove that her results were released and the certificate will be issued, she should be fine.

Ting
Newly Registered

Post by Ting » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:32 pm

cheryl99 wrote:In a similar situation, I did not have my certificate of award yet, I have submitted an appeal. All the best with her application, provided she can prove that her results were released and the certificate will be issued, she should be fine.
Thanks, she has the certificate already, but her visa has expired. Is it important that she has represenation for the hearing?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Ting wrote:
cheryl99 wrote:In a similar situation, I did not have my certificate of award yet, I have submitted an appeal. All the best with her application, provided she can prove that her results were released and the certificate will be issued, she should be fine.
Thanks, she has the certificate already, but her visa has expired. Is it important that she has represenation for the hearing?
Since she now has the original certificate, she won't need representation unless she really feels like spending money for peace of mind but her case is clear cut and I believe it will go in her favour.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm

The letter from the univ shd have mentioned that the ANTICIPATION was for graduation date as actual date not known and not for awarding or not awarding.

HO guy being a british should have uderstood this without explanation like above...lolz....time for the british people to learn english now