ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP refused/Admin work experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

buky_agli
Newly Registered

HSMP refused/Admin work experience

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:36 am

Dear,

I need your help as to how to appeal.

HSMP recieved on 11/3/05
Refused on 14/3/05.

Points awarded are 15 Education
Work experience = 0
Earnings = 35
Total of 50 as opposed to 75 claimed.

Reason for 0 for work experience evidence supplied does not convince them that it is a graduate level work. In charge of general admin, employment letters, leave etc. In charge of the front desk persons and support staff. In charge of all protocol duties etc. Liaison officer for the office with the Ministries, Int organisations etc.

Please do advice me on how to convince them that this is a graduate level job I am doing.

I was also a staff of the world bank, and an Admin Secretary, but I was in charge of the whole admin of the regional Office of MIGA/World Bank Group for west and central Africa. I was given training when I joined the Bank etc.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated as I need to apeal before thursday, 14 April because my documents came in very late, last thursday.

Best regards.

Shalom

I am an Admin Officer in charge of our administration (an international shipping company based in west africa)
Gave my start date, the description of work -

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:47 am

From the info you have given it seems that is not a graduate-level work. You need to provide documentary proof that your job requires a degree-level education. Since you have a degree it really means providing appropriate documents to prove it - perhaps an offficially certified job description etc. Admin work is a very wide description as it may involve very different levels of work...

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:53 am

hsmphopeful wrote:From the info you have given it seems that is not a graduate-level work. You need to provide documentary proof that your job requires a degree-level education. Since you have a degree it really means providing appropriate documents to prove it - perhaps an offficially certified job description etc. Admin work is a very wide description as it may involve very different levels of work...

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:46 pm

Buky- it is also of utmost importance that you provide a reference letter from current employer stating clearly job title, job description and responsibilities, position in the company, (organogram if possible) and emphasising that your position is a graduate level position.
Many applicants have found this current employer reference letter pretty difficult to provide for obvious reasons, allbeit a necessary requirement by HO. :(
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:28 am

lightpace wrote:Buky- it is also of utmost importance that you provide a reference letter from current employer stating clearly job title, job description and responsibilities, position in the company, (organogram if possible) and emphasising that your position is a graduate level position.
Many applicants have found this current employer reference letter pretty difficult to provide for obvious reasons, allbeit a necessary requirement by HO. :(
Thank a very much Anon.

Best regards.