ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to fill a question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Forgot to fill a question

Post by rajatche33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:56 am

Hi all
I have applied for Tier 1 on 13-March. I forgot to tick a box in my application. Please let me know what will happen to my application. Will they reject my application based on this

This is the question that i forgot to answer

W3. Tick to confirm that the applicant has claimed 10 points for their level of funds

Thanks

maheshnair
BANNED

hmm

Post by maheshnair » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:59 am

Hey looks like it is problem if CASE WORKER goes 100 % as per rule .

If you tick which means you are not claiming .
10 (maintainence) is needed requirement .

I feel it could a problem unless case worker feels sorry or something .

But from my experience they never feel sorry or something .

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 am

I agree with mahesh.. By not ticking this check box, to case worker it means you are not claiming points.. as as per guidance notes, your application will be refused if you do not claim 10 points for "maintenance funds". The best approach is to inform UKBA at the earliest.. try to fax them ... or recorded letter...

btw r u an incountry applicant?

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Post by rajatche33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:38 am

I am applying from UK. What is the procedure to inform UKBA...
Can some one please tell me the procedure for doing it at the earliest.
I have just sent the application

Thanks in advance

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:54 am

Their fax number is 01142075862 (atleast it was untill January).. just write a letter explaining your situation.. i would also post the same "recorded" to be safe.. also i would recommend if you call them on the normal number 087.. and request the operator to put a note for the caseworker on the same...

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Post by rajatche33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks a lot for your help. I will send out a fax and a recorded letter to them... Let me see what happens

Thanks

maheshnair
BANNED

Risk

Post by maheshnair » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm

rajatche33 wrote:Thanks a lot for your help. I will send out a fax and a recorded letter to them... Let me see what happens

Thanks

Hi Rajatche33 ,

If you are on WP and appying for tier1 and you are not HSMP and have no masters degree , Please be aware that this is you only chance .

So another option is WITHDRAW your application quickly and take it back and resumbit .

If you think tier1 is bigger than 750 £ , then definitely that is better .

But again please note that you should get your application back with in say 28th or 29th March and apply before 29th march .

I am not sure just by faxing them it will work . Guidance never says , that if you forget something please infrom us ....

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 pm

rajatche33

Dont worry much.

Seen a lot of cases with similar mistakes.

You still have a lot of time.

ALl you need to do is print out only that relavant page and complete it exactly the same way you did before but this time with the box Ticked.

As soon as you recieve acknoledgement letetr from HO with ref no. Write back to the HO explaining what happened and enclose the new printed page.

Hope it helps.

If you dont do this your application is bound to be refused.

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Post by rajatche33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks confusedhsmp and others. I just called up HO to tell them about my situation and they asked me to wait until I get my acknowledgement letter. Once I have my letter I will be able to take print out of that page and attach a letter along with that.. :cry:

Thanks

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi,
Well when I applied for tier 1 (in Jan2009) even I forgot to fill the section where they ask 'which appendix have you completed'. I was very much worried and sent a mail to BHC and the reply that i got was bad,'they asked me to wait till the decision is made and they clearly wrote me that once application is submitted it can not be updated' but the GOOD NEWS is I got my visa :)
and somewhere i read that even if u have not claimed points for some sections (like age) and have attached the relevant docs they would still award points for that section..Pray to god that even ur application is successful like mine :)
My prayers are with you. update all of us on the forum once u get the good news.

Regards,
Gem
rajatche33 wrote:Thanks confusedhsmp and others. I just called up HO to tell them about my situation and they asked me to wait until I get my acknowledgement letter. Once I have my letter I will be able to take print out of that page and attach a letter along with that.. :cry:

Thanks

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Post by rajatche33 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks dilip_gem. I got my aknowledgement letter from HO. I have submitted all the relevant docs and sent a print out of the point calculator score... Let me hope for the best..

Thanks

jerrin

Post by jerrin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 pm

where did you apply?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:01 am

rajatche33 wrote:Thanks dilip_gem. I got my aknowledgement letter from HO. I have submitted all the relevant docs and sent a print out of the point calculator score... Let me hope for the best..

Thanks
it should be fine buddy.... dont worry now...

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Post by rajatche33 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm

jerrin wrote:where did you apply?
I applied from UK - in country applicant

Thanks

shiju31
India

Post by shiju31 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:08 pm

to continue with this discussion, what if the applicant ticked the wrong check box. I ticked Bachelors instead of Masters and wrote all the information of Bachelors. However i had submitted my Original certification of Masters.

Well, am afraid the caseworker might not check the documents submitted and instead they would go with what have been present on the self assessment form.

As a heads up, i wrote an email to visa enquiry box, had submitted a letter to VFS which they said they will be forwarding to the BHC.

Am just hoping for the best for my application not to get rejected.

Also am just confused, even if, my application gets rejected, can i b able to appeal against the documents already submitted. Will they consider the application date of 30th March or they will consider the appeal date as the date to claim points?

rajatche33
Newly Registered

Got my Tier 1

Post by rajatche33 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:44 am

People

I am very glad to inform you all that i got my Tier 1 approved today.
This forum has been really helpful to me. Here is my time line

Date of Application: 13-Mar-09
Fee debited: 17-Mar-09
Ack. letter: 18-Mar-09
Employer ref. check: 01-Apr-09
Docs received: 11-Apr-09

Thanks

shiju31
India

Re: Got my Tier 1

Post by shiju31 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:27 pm

rajatche33 wrote:People

Thanks
great rajatche33.... i see u got ur visa approved even though u missed to tick the right box in ur application.

Am crossing my finger too on getting positive reply from case worker. I erroneously ticked the wrong box in my application. i.e. i had a masters degree but erroneously ticked the bachelor degree and wrote all the details on application relating to bachelor degree. It was later that i found my masters degree in PBS. However, i had submitted all the originals of Masters with the application.

Post that, i had submitted an application personally at VFS centre which they said they will forward to case worker. Had also couriered the application with revised documents to the office where case worker, i presume sits, the deputy BHC. Hope the message reach to case worker to consider my masters point instead of bachelors.

Had applied on 30th March and the status is "Docs forward to BHC"

Visa_Novice

Re: Got my Tier 1

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

rajatche33 wrote:People

Thanks
Congs...
How have you got yur visa so early...no offence...I just want to know as you have got it in just 1 month so have you applied for any urgent treatment...As you have written in one of your post above that it was in-country application then receiving it on 11 Apr means yur case has been considered with some urgency...no hard feelings ..just curious to know..?

shiju31
India

Post by shiju31 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:44 am

even am glad to say...inspite of err as stated above, my visa got approved.

thanks all for your guidance.