ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Tier1 extension Past earnings issue quitting my company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp12345

FLR Tier1 extension Past earnings issue quitting my company

Post by hsmp12345 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi,

I had got my HSMP initial visa stamped (previously was on Work Permit) in March'2008 and initial visa was granted for 2 years (March'2010). My spouse also managed to get a job on the dependent visa at same time i.e. March'2008.

During all this period, all my taxes and NI contribution has been directly paid by my company; so I only receive a net salary.

I am planning to quit my company now (as it is asking me to return back to India), so I am worried on how to go about my HSMP --> Tier1 FLR extension later this year if I don't manage to find a job quickly (concern with past earnings proof).

Please note that my spouse is a permanent employee with a British company and is eligible for Tier1 visa as per current rules (valid until 31'March); however since she doesn't have masters, it might not be the case as per new rules. So safe thing would be to try and look to extend my HSMP when it comes at end of this year.

Can I try to show myself as self-employed to show my earnings? Also before I quit my company any specific certificates / documents that you would suggest me to take in support that all my taxes / NI has been borne by the company ?

Any other valuable suggestions on my case are most welcome.

Many Thanks,
hsmp12345

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi there,

As far I know , say your last working day in present company is on 31st of March 09. Then ideally your tier 1 extension on Feb2010, at that time you will have to look at aggregation of earnings between Feb2009 to Feb 2010.You need to calculate minimum how many points you need based on past earnings in order qualify for extension. It doesn't matter if you have a gap of 1 or 2 months,but your past earnings for last 12months has to gain you some decent points.

It does make sense to stick to your current job and keep looking for another one until you get.I do not think dependent earnigs taken into consideration at the time of extension.