ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Tax (I-T) proof of past earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Income Tax (I-T) proof of past earnings.

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello Guys,

My first HSMP application was rejected saying I didn't provide the proof from Tax authority side, stating that my monthly income is always subjected to standard tax deductions. My wage (salary) slips, monthly given my employer, clearly provides the details of standard Income tax deductions. Why can't they trust on Salary slips?

We always get a detailed document of Income taxes paid after the end of financial cycle (April-March) from employer. This document is given after a delay of 2 to 3 months from employer's side (mostly in May or June), so that We can file our returns to Income Tax department.

Can you guys suggest, what should I do to proof I-T on past earnings.

I am an Indian and if any Indian earned points in part earning category then please share what document you had provided to claim points in this category.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

simar

Post by simar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:03 pm

Hi Rajesh
What can you do. Just wait for the form 16 Even I am waiting for the same. Else my all papers are ready. Just be doubly sure, the first income placed in form 16 is well over the minimum criteria.
Rest you check is the work experience reference letter are okay as per specification.

Best of luck.

Hector
Newly Registered

Post by Hector » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:35 pm

Hi,
I had claimed points for earnings and supported it with the following:
1. Pay Slips
2. Bank statements (with a covering note listing the salary transactions)
3. Employement offer letters
4. Letter from an accountant.

I did not attach any IT return / Form 16.

My application was approved but the letter did not mention the point categories.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Hector

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:29 pm

Hi Simar,

I am also waiting for my form 16 and it will only come by April 30th. So technically it will have proof of our income till 30th March and most probably I'll be applying in first week of May(after recieving my IT Returns).

So in that case, what will be the proof for the income in the month of May as I'll be claiming points for income earned in past 1 year i.e May 2004 - May 2005 or is it possible to claim points only for the last financial year, even if you are applying in May.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:06 am

Thanks guys,

After going through your replies, I have learnt that Form-16 is must to claim points in Past Earnings category. Otherwise, earlier I had thought that Salary slips would be sufficient to support the I-T deductions.

I will also wait for my Form-16, alike you guys, to claim points in this category.

Thanks once again. My application was rejected due to lack of Form-16 (sudmitted in hurry!!!).

Cheers!,
Rajesh.