ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dirk

Visitor visa questions

Post by Dirk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 am

Hi, im a British citizen resident in China. Basically I want to take my chinese partner with me when I visit the UK for a month or two this summer. She is a student here with a year to go on her degree so Ill be covering most of the costs (credit card, plus family at home). Says on the website if I am to sponsor her I should provide bank statements going back 6 months, global downturns and kind of exessive spending makes them look a bit crap. The cost of two flights and chilling out in my parents holiday home in Cornwall is not exactly huge though so would it be better to simply deposit a couple of thousand pounds into her bank account from a credit card and provide those statements? Should also be able to provide documents from her university, the company who will be taking her on after graduation as well my own companies registration documents showing I work as an exporter based in China and do not any plans to return to the UK.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:05 am

I don't think it would be an advantage if the statements showed a recent deposit of funds; that in itself might look suspicious.

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 am

hmmm, do we HAVE to show bank statements? The cost of flights would be somewhere around £800 or less, as ive got a lot of airmiles stacked up and living off family hospitality would require very little spending money. Another option is that I could take cash which is currently tied up in my company account and place it into my personal account, then apply for the visa in June just prior to the visit and show the June, May and April bank statements???? No sign of a big deposit but a healthy balance? Would 3 months be enough time?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 am

I know it's a trite answer but if it says on the website you should provide 6 months worth I would recommend doing that rather than risk an automatic refusal.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:57 am

Why not get ur parents to sponsor her?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 am

Can my parents sponsor her? Im sure they would be willing to and they certainly have the means. My parents have visited China and met her before but dont you have to prove a relationship with the person?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 am

There's no reason why your parents can't act as sponsors.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Is the Identity and Passport Service happy with you using their logo on your website?

Are you regulated by the OISC or the Law society?

Why have you mirrored the IPS website?

Why are the IPS contact details on your website, but not "UK Identity Service"

Are you running this out of your flat?

http://www.who.is/whois/ukidentityservice.co.uk/
Domain name:
ukidentityservice.co.uk

Registrant:
Indentity Music Group

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Flat 8, Belvedere Hall, 11
The Avenue
London
Greater London
NW6 7YG
GB
Have you read the conditions of the website that include a ban on advertising?

What on earth are your services?