ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status Change - 'With courier. Attempting delivery'

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lonelywife
Newly Registered

Status Change - 'With courier. Attempting delivery'

Post by lonelywife » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Everyone,

My husband's status has changed today on the Worldbridge (Rome) tracking system. After 37 working days, it now says 'With courier. Attempting delivery'.

We are keeping everything crossed but just worried because my husband has not had any calls, emails, or been called for an interview. Is this a good or a bad thing? Does anyone know what this might indicate?

Thank you.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:30 am

A friend in Rome who's husband applied for the FP had to go to WB and collect his passport when they got outside and looked inside they saw the permit had been granted!!

I would say it will be dropped at your husbands place of residence!! The address he wrote on his visa form!! Just tell him to try have someone in the apartment today!

Good luck.....let us know if its been granted!

lonelywife
Newly Registered

Post by lonelywife » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:36 am

Oh I hope so! We paid for the DHL service as my husband lives in Garda so it meant he wouldn't have to travel back to Rome. My hubby and his brother are going to stay in the house all day! Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will let you know when we hear anything.

Thanks again.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 am

Ah I see well that makes sense thenn (my friend lived around the corner from the WB offices)....it is with the courier!! It will arrive soon!!!

Auguri......

lonelywife
Newly Registered

Post by lonelywife » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Grazie mille, sei molto gentile.
Did your friend not require an interview? Even though we provided all the documents they requested we assumed it would be part of the process to be interviewed. I'm so worried - all logic has gone out the window now. I can't believe that they don't contact people as soon as they have made their decision. It's torture.
Oh well, i guess we'll just have to wait and hope that we will be popping open the Prosecco tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks again for your help.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:29 pm

No no interview for my friends either!!

Now they are happily in the UK...nearly a year!! So best of luck!!

lonelywife
Newly Registered

Post by lonelywife » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Thank you - you've helped to put my mind at ease. I don't think the courier will arrive today now so probably (hopefully!) be tomorrow so I will let you know.

Thanks

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am

Hey lonelywife??? Any news??? Are you celebrating?

lonelywife
Newly Registered

Post by lonelywife » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 am

Yes! They finally delivered it late yesterday afternoon and we got it! We're absolutely overjoyed and just can't wait to start our lives together. It's been a rollercoaster but all feels worth it now.

Thank you so much for your help!

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Many congratulations lonelywife, it's a wonderful feeling! If I remember correctly, your is husband is Albanian isn't he? My husband is Albanian and had to wait nearly 4 months to hear back about his spouse visa in 2007. I was missing him so much that I went to visit him in Albania and it was during the third time I was visiting him in that 4 months that he got the call from the British Embassy so he was able to come back with me which was a nice surprise as I was only expecting to visit him and then come back to England alone whilst he waited some more. We also had a nice surprise yesterday as the Home Office had sent back both our passports and his supporting documentation for his Indefinite Leave to Remain application and they have granted him ILR for the UK - 5 weeks after submitting his application by post which is a lot better than the 4 months it took for him to get his 2 year spouse visa!

Congratulations again!

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234567 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

Congratulations!
What evidence did you post for his application. Hubby is due to apply for ILR in June.

:)

AncientAlien

Re: Status Change - 'With courier. Attempting delivery'

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:55 am

lonelywife wrote:Hi Everyone,

My husband's status has changed today on the Worldbridge (Rome) tracking system. After 37 working days, it now says 'With courier. Attempting delivery'.

We are keeping everything crossed but just worried because my husband has not had any calls, emails, or been called for an interview. Is this a good or a bad thing? Does anyone know what this might indicate?

Thank you.

Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz (Please share with others if it works for you!)
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

Sarah32
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa in Rome

Post by Sarah32 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I applied for my husband to get a settlement visa in Rome on March 16th. I'm very concerned after looking at the home office timeline sheet that Rome is one of the slowest processing offices in the WORLD if you can believe it and it takes around 3 months. Since 3 months without travel is going to be hard due to his work does this visa REALLY take 12 weeks to process at the Rome embassy or is it a vast over estimation?

Also I was thinking of withdrawing it if we need to travel since his work contract soon expires in italy and we return to America. I was thinking of doing it in NYC where i think it is processed a lot faster?! I know it looks bad to withdrawl the application for your passport but we need to travel for work!!!!!

Frustrated...and in awe that an embassy in the EU is such a slow processor....

advise or timeline estimations anyone?!

thanks!