ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Family visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP MESS

Refusal of Family visit visa

Post by HSMP MESS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi all,
My Inlaws were refused a family visitor visa from India.
Reason given was that the documentation was not satisfactory - They said my father in law did not produce a formal leave letter but he produced a letter from his company saying that they did not have an objection for him to go on a holiday and they would give him suitable leave.

The embassy obviously wanted a formal leave letter with dates.
They said he could appeal the decision.

Is is worth appealing or is it better to go for a new application ???
Is a fresh application quicker than appealing
Any advice would be appreciated

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:26 pm

If you can afford to pay again and have the right document second time around, then go for a new application.

Alternatively you can complete the Appeal notice and send the correct documents that they have requested, back to the office where the original application was made.

Upon receipt of the appeal notice the Entry Clearance Manager should reconsider the earlier decision, and if he is now satisfied that the correct letter has been produced by your father in law, he should overturn the decision and grant the visa, without you having to make a fresh application and pay fee. However this could take 6-8 weeks.

i dont know how long it takes to get a visitor visa from India, but it is most likely to be less than above

The decision is yours

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:18 pm

thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Refusal of Family visit visa

Post by Rozen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:11 am

HSMP MESS wrote:Hi all,
My Inlaws were refused a family visitor visa from India.
Reason given was that the documentation was not satisfactory - They said my father in law did not produce a formal leave letter but he produced a letter from his company saying that they did not have an objection for him to go on a holiday and they would give him suitable leave.

The embassy obviously wanted a formal leave letter with dates.
They said he could appeal the decision.

Is is worth appealing or is it better to go for a new application ???
Is a fresh application quicker than appealing
Any advice would be appreciated
My mate was also kind of 'refused' because her leave letter from work did not have specific dates of when the leave was starting, and when she was expected back at work. But the officials at the British High Commission gave her an opportunity to go back and get another letter with dates, and the visa was granted! She didn't pay twice! It was just put on hold for her.
So maybe re-applying with a dated letter will go faster than an appeal!
Good Luck! :)