ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T 1 rejected,when should I leave? 28 days? Is this official?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ch15

T 1 rejected,when should I leave? 28 days? Is this official?

Post by ch15 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi, I have been reading a lot here, there is a grace period of 28 days from the date of refusal.

Is this valid? or word of mouth among us? or just past experience?

I have checked HO websites, there is nothing mentioned about this grade period. I've been trying to call their hotline, but no luck getting thru.

Can anyone let me know where can I get a official statement that I can stay until the 28th day, I need this just in case I get stopped by the official. There last thing I want is got something like 'overstayed' stamped on my passport.

Please shed some light. Regards

push
United Kingdom

Re: T 1 rejected,when should I leave? 28 days? Is this offic

Post by push » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 pm

ch15 wrote:Hi, I have been reading a lot here, there is a grace period of 28 days from the date of refusal.

I have checked HO websites, there is nothing mentioned about this grade period. I've been trying to call their hotline, but no luck getting thru.

Can anyone let me know where can I get a official statement that I can stay until the 28th day, I need this just in case I get stopped by the official. There last thing I want is got something like 'overstayed' stamped on my passport.

Which leave (VISA) do you currently hold and when does it expire?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ch15

Post by ch15 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 pm

IGS, expired in January

thank you

push_hsmp wrote:
ch15 wrote:Hi, I have been reading a lot here, there is a grace period of 28 days from the date of refusal.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 pm

ch15 wrote:IGS, expired in January

thank you

push_hsmp wrote:

was your IGS for 1 year or 2 year? if it was for 1 year then you can get another year for PSW if you have 800 in the bank for last 90 days. and also you can think of switching back to student. so its totally up to you what you want to do..

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 pm

ch15

Post by ch15 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 pm

That's not exactly I'm asking.
I just need some advice the grace period I have prior to leaving the country.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

regards
nionlight wrote:
ch15 wrote:IGS, expired in January

thank you

push_hsmp wrote:

was your IGS for 1 year or 2 year? if it was for 1 year then you can get another year for PSW if you have 800 in the bank for last 90 days. and also you can think of switching back to student. so its totally up to you what you want to do..