ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering at local GNIB Garda Stations

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marialear

Registering at local GNIB Garda Stations

Post by marialear » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Hey all,

Just a quick note for those of us who register with the GNIB at our local Garda Stations instead of the Dublin office. Just phoned mine in Drogheda to check the hours for this week and was told they are only meeting people by appointment only - no more general office hours to see the Immigration Officer.

They also told me that they are booked up for the rest of March!

So, if you need your passport stamped for upcoming travel, a new GNIB card or something addressed quickly - don't wait, make an appointment well ahead of time!

Not sure if this is something new that they are doing at all local stations, but it's news to me! I would recommend that everyone check with their local Garda station to be sure - you don't want to get caught out!

Regards
M

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks marialear, for letting us know.

Directive 2004/38/EC and the 6 month rules springs to mind. Wonder how the GNIB / DoJ are keeping within the law? Issuing acceptance letters within 5 months of submission? Somehow, I doubt it.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Marialear,
Well thats been the case always for me..In countryside i always required an appointment.
But keep in mind, INIS head office do accomodate urgent request and channel them to contact ppl country wide if need be. I had to use that once and it worked.
Regards
Tiggs