ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion in Form vaf 9. Dependents status!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evan
Newly Registered

Confusion in Form vaf 9. Dependents status!!!

Post by evan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm applying this week under Tier 1 General, 1st time (from Dubai UAE).

I'm using form vaf 9 and Appendix 1 .

It is mentioned in Appendix 1 that "You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom". I have only maintenance fund of £2,800. Accordingly, I'll not apply for my family at this stage.

At Form vaf 9, question 5.1 "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" Can I answer YES, or I must say NO??. the same for question 5.6 about Children. And in that case do I loose my right to apply for them in the near future (maybe in 2 months I will be able to show available funds for the whole family).

Please advise ,, many thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Confusion in Form vaf 9. Dependents status!!!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

evan wrote:I'm applying this week under Tier 1 General, 1st time (from Dubai UAE).

I'm using form vaf 9 and Appendix 1 .

It is mentioned in Appendix 1 that "You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom". I have only maintenance fund of £2,800. Accordingly, I'll not apply for my family at this stage.
If you are applying for yourself at this point of time you need Funds for yourselves only which is £2800..
At Form vaf 9, question 5.1 "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" [/color]Can I answer YES, or I must say NO??. the same for question 5.6 about Children. And in that case do I loose my right to apply for them in the near future (maybe in 2 months I will be able to show available funds for the whole family).
You can put YES (based on the bold red above) and if you want you can explain it in the space provided putting the question no. and tell that you choose YES because they will join later..

And it will not have any adverse effects on your dependents applications later.. dont worry

evan
Newly Registered

Dependents

Post by evan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks tvn_ramesh,

According to your adivse, I will choose YES to answer question 5.1 "Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?" and I will explain that they will join later after i settle down at UK.

Even though I wonder why they put the statement in Appendix 1 that "You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the United Kingdom within 12 months of your arrival in the United Kingdom".

That is really confusing !!

Thanks again,,