ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about salary slips translation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

n2009
Newly Registered

Question about salary slips translation

Post by n2009 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 am

Hello,

My Tier 1 application is ready to be handed in, however there is one thing I'm not sure about: two of my salary slips are not on company headed paper but are printed on a regular paper. I have them signed and stamped at work, and they are translated to English and notarized. My question is, does the translation of these slips has to include a mention of the stamp and signature, since on my original slip the stamp is not in English? Or is it enough that the document is notarized?

I've been told that it is alright, but I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with a similar situation?

Thanks!
N

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Question about salary slips translation

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am

Hi n2009,

As per HO's guidance notes, the document which are not in english should be translated into english.
n2009 wrote:Hello,

My Tier 1 application is ready to be handed in, however there is one thing I'm not sure about: two of my salary slips are not on company headed paper but are printed on a regular paper. I have them signed and stamped at work, and they are translated to English and notarized. My question is, does the translation of these slips has to include a mention of the stamp and signature, since on my original slip the stamp is not in English? Or is it enough that the document is notarized?

I've been told that it is alright, but I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with a similar situation?

Thanks!
N

n2009
Newly Registered

Re: Question about salary slips translation

Post by n2009 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 am

chetanojha wrote:Hi n2009,

As per HO's guidance notes, the document which are not in english should be translated into english.

Thanks for your reply chetanojha.
Like I said, the payslips are translated and notarized. My question is about the stamp and signature of the company. Obviously you can't really translate a signature, but should there be a mention of it on the translation, or is it enough that they see a stamp and signature on the orignial slip?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm

You need to another stamp/sign on notarised copy.

I have translated my certificates to english which contain Logo,Uni stamp etc. but its fine.