ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

Application from India

Post by golu » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 am

hi,
this is for a frend of mine,
he wants to apply for tier 1 general,

For proof of earnings:

he gets paid by cheque, can he still use the bank statements are proof of earning ?

He gets his payslips, can you suggest what will be the other proof of earning ?

thanks

Golu

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Application from India

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 am

golu wrote:hi,

For proof of earnings:

he gets paid by cheque, can he still use the bank statements are proof of earning ?

thanks

Golu
If possible.. Letter from Employer mentioning

MONTH - GROSS - NET - TAX - Date money credited..

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
golu wrote:hi,

For proof of earnings:

thanks

Golu
If possible.. Letter from Employer mentioning

MONTH - GROSS - NET - TAX - Date money credited..
Ramesh,

Pls read his query carefully.

He is worried about whether the bank statements can be used as a proof or not as it will be cheque deposit rather than a direct salary credit. I have no clue on that.

And he has mentioned that he has got the salary slips. So, letter from Employer wouldn't suffice as both are from the same source.

He has Salary Slips from Employer. For next proof, he sud either submit (1) Bank Statements

or

(2) Tax Returns covering the claiming period. = Which I think he cant show as it is not end of tax year.

His query is specific to Bank Statement. I am sure somebody else in the forum must have submitted the bank statement with cheque credit.

Lets wait for them to reply.

Cheers
Gita.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 am

Dear i Agree..
Shd wait for others who were in this situation earlier to reply/confirm..

* becos its easy to give somebody advice when it is not my application..

But

When he has 2proofs already
1. PAYSLIPS and
2. BANKSTATEMENTS
(where he deposits his cheque's received from his employer and the amout on payslips=in the bankstatements)

But we are worried here since they payment is through cheque's

SO, i adviced (easy to do as *)

IF he can GET 3rd Proof similar to 1st as a LETTER from EMPLOYER stating that he works for them and received monthly salary

Table consisting of
MONTHLY SALARY as GROSS Amt is x NET Amt is Y with TAX z CHEQUE No as c CREDITED in his bank b AMOUNT Credited as a and DATE Credited as d

with this LETTER from EMPLOYER "I THOUGHT" will support his 2nd proof of Bankstatement..

Becos here the HO will try to make sure that the 2 different Proofs PAYSLIPS and BANK STATEMENTS are provided and correct..

In my case...
I did submit 3 proofs Payslips+Bank statements with employer letter becos i had some excess salary credited and than i payed back company by cheque so to clarify why the amount in Payslip (Proof 1) is less than in the bankstatement (Proof 2) i used proof 3 EMployer letter and i got approval..

I explained all this in my covering letter

GOLU, Application is yours so wait for more confirmations to gain confidence..

Cheers and goodluck

P.S:

L10. Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed:
1. Payslips

2. Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant

3. Letter from the applicant’s (previous) employer(s) (or, in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount he/she is claiming

This is from the application form...

Tier1_Bristol wrote: Ramesh,

He is worried about whether the bank statements can be used as a proof or not as it will be cheque deposit rather than a direct salary credit. I have no clue on that.

And he has mentioned that he has got the salary slips. So, letter from Employer wouldn't suffice as both are from the same source.

He has Salary Slips from Employer. For next proof, he sud either submit (1) Bank Statements

or

(2) Tax Returns covering the claiming period. = Which I think he cant show as it is not end of tax year.

His query is specific to Bank Statement. I am sure somebody else in the forum must have submitted the bank statement with cheque credit.

Cheers
Gita.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Dear i Agree..
Shd wait for others who were in this situation earlier to reply/confirm..

* becos its easy to give somebody advice when it is not my application..

But

When he has 2proofs already
1. PAYSLIPS and
2. BANKSTATEMENTS
(where he deposits his cheque's received from his employer and the amout on payslips=in the bankstatements)

But we are worried here since they payment is through cheque's

SO, i adviced (easy to do as *)

IF he can GET 3rd Proof similar to 1st as a LETTER from EMPLOYER stating that he works for them and received monthly salary

Table consisting of
MONTHLY SALARY as GROSS Amt is x NET Amt is Y with TAX z CHEQUE No as c CREDITED in his bank b AMOUNT Credited as a and DATE Credited as d

with this LETTER from EMPLOYER "I THOUGHT" will support his 2nd proof of Bankstatement..

Becos here the HO will try to make sure that the 2 different Proofs PAYSLIPS and BANK STATEMENTS are provided and correct..

In my case...
I did submit 3 proofs Payslips+Bank statements with employer letter becos i had some excess salary credited and than i payed back company by cheque so to clarify why the amount in Payslip (Proof 1) is less than in the bankstatement (Proof 2) i used proof 3 EMployer letter and i got approval..

I explained all this in my covering letter

GOLU, Application is yours so wait for more confirmations to gain confidence..

Cheers and goodluck

P.S:

L10. Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed:
1. Payslips

2. Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant

3. Letter from the applicant’s (previous) employer(s) (or, in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount he/she is claiming

This is from the application form...

Tier1_Bristol wrote: Ramesh,

or

Cheers
Gita.
Sorry Ramesh. I didn't mean to offend you. Still, your reply is very illogical.

Pls. note that he doesnt have issue with the Salary Slips. He has issue with Bank Statements. So it is evident that sal slip is 1st proof and there is no point in providing a corroborating 'extra' document from the same source.

I respect your intention of helping aspirants. However I wouldn't reply with 'irrelevant' info which wouldnt add any value.

No offence mate.

Cheers
Gita

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:27 pm

I agree with Tier1_Bristol.

OP is rightly bothered about his bank statment. I think it's difficult to consier cheque deposits in bank as valid proof for his earning,too.

Remember, guideline clearly mentions , that one should not send letter from employer and wage slips together, as they are considered from one source only.

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:10 pm

In my opinion, if the payslips mention the cheque numbers, then submitting the bank statements as they are should be enough.

But, if the payslips do not contain the cheque numbers, then a letter from the employer stating that salary is paid by cheque and the cheque numbers for each month should help. Please note in this case, this letter will not be a second proof. Letter + payslips will be one proof which can cross checked with bank statements being the second proof.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Tier1_Bristol wrote:
Sorry Ramesh. I didn't mean to offend you. Still, your reply is very illogical.

No offence mate.

Cheers
Gita
Hey T1B....

Same here n sorry mate if i made you feel (offended) with my reply.. to be frank really dont have time for that for anybody.. We are here to share our experience/ knowledge.. we all know

So, i am just trying to make a healthy discussion (but not to confuse/misguide for sure)
BEFORE some senior/ person who was in Golu's shoes.. reply on this...

Not to divert this subject, i leave this topic/thread n will visit back to learn more on this..

Cheers..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Hmmm... atleast somebody is thinking in my lines.. when i said..
Table consisting of
may be need to add Cheque No. here...

Ok Guys..

Please find the exact wordings from my employer letter with name/no's changed...

Please note that there is a salary discrepancy surrounding the income gained by Mr. XX for the month Feb 2008 between the Pay slip and that was credited in the bank, But due to unfortunate administrative error by (our 3rd party payroll agency) paid full compensation for this month £ 9999.99 instead of £ 8888.88(as shown above and in the pay slip). And as such Mr. XX has since paid back the outstanding funds of £ 1000.00 to the company by Cheque (No: 100002)

As per the Guidance the Amount on Payslip and in Bankstatement should be same if not case is rejected.. BUT in my case it is not equal and i used the EMPLOYER LEtter and CHEQUE No. and my case was APPROVED :D wat say T1B??

No offence or defence.. its my experience..

i think i was Half foot in Golu's shoe's(problem) at that time, not complete :P

Cheers...
mithuchopra wrote:In my opinion, if the payslips mention the cheque numbers, then submitting the bank statements as they are should be enough.

But, if the payslips do not contain the cheque numbers, then a letter from the employer stating that salary is paid by cheque and the cheque numbers for each month should help. Please note in this case, this letter will not be a second proof. Letter + payslips will be one proof which can cross checked with bank statements being the second proof.