ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plzzzzzz clarify the doubt...need to apply within 2 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

plzzzzzz clarify the doubt...need to apply within 2 days

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Hello all,

this may be very very silly, but please am sure you all would appreciate that i just wanted to be sure about all aspects before applying, as it is only chance before April changes.

My question is :

is it alright, for claiming points for maintenance funds, i attach the bank statements of my some other account. This account is different from the one where i receive my salary from my employer.

Also, this account always have the deposit and i have never withdrawn amount from it (or conducted transactions) and it always had the balance higher than the required £800. Does it matter?

Tier1_Bristol

Re: plzzzzzz clarify the doubt...need to apply within 2 days

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:33 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Hello all,

this may be very very silly, but please am sure you all would appreciate that i just wanted to be sure about all aspects before applying, as it is only chance before April changes.

My question is :

is it alright, for claiming points for maintenance funds, i attach the bank statements of my some other account. This account is different from the one where i receive my salary from my employer.

Also, this account always have the deposit and i have never withdrawn amount from it (or conducted transactions) and it always had the balance higher than the required £800. Does it matter?
That should be absolutely fine to show another account. Just read the guidelines to see if the account that you are showing for Maintenance is satisfying the specifications in guidelines.

Cheers
Gita

InidiaCalling
Newly Registered

Post by InidiaCalling » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 pm

U can use a different account to show your maintanence fund i.e, 2800GBP...thats ok
But I suggest you not to use your account as u said that there are no transactions in that account. I ahve seen cases where the visa was refused on the basis that the account was not operational and there were not many transactions made. The purpose of maintanence funds is to proove that u had that fund for your desposal and never used it...but in your case it sound that u just kept that fund in a dead account ..may be borrowed......

destiniation_london

Re: plzzzzzz clarify the doubt...need to apply within 2 days

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Thanks a lot Gita for prompt reply...

i went through the guidelines and cudnt find anything that says whether that account needs to carry out transactions..... but i heard from one of my friend saying it needs to have some regular transactions... do you anything about it...

also, if you could let me know how we should arrange our application for the convenience of caseworker....... like should we punch hole it, put it in a file, put markers on evidence....or if you could direct me to the post,.....would be greatly thankfulll.....

Tier1_Bristol wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Hello all,

My question is :

That should be absolutely fine to show another account. Just read the guidelines to see if the account that you are showing for Maintenance is satisfying the specifications in guidelines.

Cheers
Gita

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:41 pm

It should not be a problem. Mention in the covering letter the account details you are claiming points for maintenance of funds. For eg.

I have maintained more than £800 daily in my following bank account.

Sort Code:
Account Number:

if Indian account

Name of Bank :
Account Number:

You can also add a note saying

Please note that salary claimed in this application is deposited in another account.

destiniation_london

Re: reply

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 pm

InidiaCalling wrote:U can use a different account to show your maintanence fund i.e, 2800GBP...thats ok
But I suggest you not to use your account as u said that there are no transactions in that account. I ahve seen cases where the visa was refused on the basis that the account was not operational and there were not many transactions made. The purpose of maintanence funds is to proove that u had that fund for your desposal and never used it...but in your case it sound that u just kept that fund in a dead account ..may be borrowed......
Thanks a lot for the reply. just to clarify, it is not a dead account... i deposit money in this account literally every month.... it is just that i dont withdraw any amount from this account. i normally do the withdrawl from my salary account...... so, this account would be having only credit transactions

vagabond4life

Re: reply

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 pm

The guidance note does not mention whether the account should be operational with transactions
InidiaCalling wrote:U can use a different account to show your maintanence fund i.e, 2800GBP...thats ok
But I suggest you not to use your account as u said that there are no transactions in that account.
Technically, if the applicant is able to provide a statement as of today the account is not dead. It is active. If the applicant mentions in the covering letter that this account is used solely for [savings purpose and all regular transactions are carried out from different acccount. f HO can assume that the funds are borrowed, they can very well doubt on the normal transactions in the bank account.
InidiaCalling wrote:I ahve seen cases where the visa was refused on the basis that the account was not operational and there were not many transactions made. The purpose of maintanence funds is to proove that u had that fund for your desposal and never used it...but in your case it sound that u just kept that fund in a dead account ..may be borrowed......

InidiaCalling
Newly Registered

re

Post by InidiaCalling » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 pm

I agree with all of your arguments but but my comment was based on a real case where the application was rejected stating that the account holding maintanence funds do not MUCH transactions.

Rest you decide..all the best !

InidiaCalling
Newly Registered

re

Post by InidiaCalling » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:26 pm

I agree with all of your arguments but but my comment was based on a real case where the application was rejected stating that the account holding maintanence funds do not MUCH transactions.

vagabond4life

Re: re

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:44 pm

That must be an unusual case. The guidance note nowhere states it must show transatcions (depositing money into account is also a transaction in this case). I guess, clarifying in the covering letter that this account is solely for savings purpose and regular transactions are carried out from account where salary is deposited may clear any doubts.

BTW, did that person appeal against that decision. I believe he/she could have won in the appeal as HO position seems to be weak.
InidiaCalling wrote:I agree with all of your arguments but but my comment was based on a real case where the application was rejected stating that the account holding maintanence funds do not MUCH transactions.

Visa_Novice

Help...1 day to go for submission

Post by Visa_Novice » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi,
I am a software engineer, 27 years old, currently working on work permit for last one year in London, UK. I am planning to submit my case for tier-1 day after tomorrow in UK.
Before that I have following queries:
1. What sort of document is required for Date of birth proof? I do not have date of birth certificate with me and it may take more than a week to make it in India and courier it to UK.
Is there any other document I can use to prove my date of birth? Do I need to get it attested from a notary?
2. Do I need to submit Original Degree Provisional Certificate even if I am submitting Original Degree Certificate? (Bachelor of Electronics and Communication)
3. Do I need to submit Original mark sheets of college?
4. My salary slip are not signed by anybody from company, also it does not carry any company stamp on it. It is just printed on a colour paper which includes company name , employee name, salary, total accumulated salary till date, etc... Is that sufficient?
5. My bank is not ready to give me three months bank statement rather they are giving me 5 months bank statement. I have sufficient funds for last three months but not for initial two months. What shall I do? Shall I write something for it in cover letter?
6. Can I provide my Original Driving License as proof of date of birth?
7. Do any of my documents need to be attested by a notary?
8. Do I need to provide following document to prove that my original degree was taught in English: 'Original letter from XXXXXX University stating that my Bachelor of Commerce degree was taught in English’
9. I have completed 11 months working in UK and have all the salary slips with me. Our company do not provide salary slip in India so for the remaining one month when I was in India; I do not have any original pay slip. Can I show the printout of the payslip that we see on the company website ? What to do with that?
10. Do I need to give 12 months of bank statement or 3 month where my salary is credited?
11. Do I need to attach all 11 payslips or only last three payslips?
12. Do I need to submit Marriage photographs?
13. Do I need to submit Council tax receipt and rent agreement?
14. Do I need to submit enclosing my Joining letter, payslips, hike/promotion letters, experience letter, recent bonus letter, ID card copy, visiting card as proof for my current employment with COMPANY?
15. Is it mandatory to mention about accommodation arrangements while submitting Tier1 Gen application? If so, can someone please tell me the necessary documents / etc?
16. To show the maintenance fund for my wife do I need to show a bank account with her name and having sufficient funds or my bank details will be sufficient if I have the required amount for both of us(800 * = 1600 GBP) for last three months.
17. My wife is planning to go to India to write her exams in June first week. If I apply for tier 1 now then I expect that we should receive our passports by that time. In the worst case if we do not receive our passports by that time then can I request for fast processing at that time based on the reason of the exam so that she can attend the exam? Or it may lead to withdrawal of application? What you people suggest? Shall I apply now for me only and apply for her once she comes back after writing the exam or just go ahead?
18. Is cover letter required for Tier1 App if applied from UK?
19. Do I need to highlight the details that I want to point out in the application?
20. Do I need to mention something as below: 'Should you need to contact my employer regarding payslips, please call the administrative department on xxxxxxxx(Extension: xxx), the name of the direct contact is Mr. xxxxxxx '. I do not want them to call my employer.
21. As the form of around 70 pages, do I need to take printout on one side of paper of two sided printout should work?
22. Do I need to use seperate form for dependent or only one form is sufficient for both of us ?

Sorry to have such a big list of questions.
Your early response will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Visa_Novice
Last edited by Visa_Novice on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Are you sure you are applying in two days :shock:

With such a long list of doubts I would wait another two months :lol:

Just a point about the salary slips, if these are colour / black prints, these have to be stamped & signed...

And reading thru your list made me feel that you have not gone through the application form & the guidance notes...........

Tier1_Bristol

Re: Help...1 day to go for submission

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 pm

1. No need for birth certificate. Your passport will suffice for Age proof

2. Just Original degree Certificate will do.
3. Not required.
4. As long as it is your original salary slip, this is enough.
5. This is enough as long as you maintained the sufficient funds for the past 3 months.
6. Not required. Refer answer for Q1.
7. As long as it is all original documents. No notary is required.
8. Not needed if your university and degree is listed in the Online calculator.
9. No printout will NOT do. You need attestation. But if you are able to get the necessary points with 11 months salary, I'd suggest you not to attach the India's salary slip.
10. You need to provide bank statements covering the period of your claim for Previous earnings and past 3 months (same) as a evidence for Maintenance.
11. Is this for maintenance funds? For maintenance funds, just the bank statements will suffice. For Previous earnings, all the salary slips for the period that you are claiming is required.
12. Why marriage photographs? If applying for your dependent,marriage certificate will do.
13. Not required especially if applying within UK.
14. Nothing is required. Please try reading the guidance once.
15. Not required especially if applying within UK.
16. No need to have an account for your wife. If you have maintained the necessary funds for both of you, that is sufficient.
17. If you want to apply for your wife after exam, then you have to apply for her separately. Its decision that you may want to take. Make this query as a separate post so other members will advice as well.
18. Better to give a cover letter explaining things in a clear way.
19.I didnt get you.What do mean by 'highlight'?
20. Yes you need to provide your employer details for HO to confirm the authenticity of your salary slips etc.
21. You may take two sided printout.
22. There is a separate form for dependent.

I understand from these questions that you have not gone through the guidance or the application form. Try to download the application form and guidance once. I am sure you will have further queries. Make a new post rather than replying with the new set of queries.

Take your time and look into the documents patiently. All the very best.

Cheers
Gita