ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependant refusal - 320(7a) - help pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_sachin
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependant refusal - 320(7a) - help pls

Post by hsmp_sachin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi guys,

i got tier-1 in Jan 2009 and my visa effective from April 2009. now my wife's Tier-1 got rejected with 320(7a). i want to appeal. could you all pls spare some time answer the below questions:

1. Since i am also in India, can i appoint any solicitor for this appeal?
2. Since the reason is 320(7a), we are allowed to submit any additional documentation. can i submit an affidavit(there was difference in name of my wife's passport and marriage certificate)?
3. Along with AIT-2 form, do we need to submit the original documentation which we have submitted along with the application?
4. Any other documents should be attached with AIT-2 form??

Any one of you guys appealed from India, kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance
Sachin

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm

If the application was rejected only because of difference in name and the fact that you are allowed to submit additional documents, you should submit an affidavit of change in name to that respect. If the passport was in old name and her name was changed subsequent to your marriage, you should also attach marriage certificate (some people submit marrige photos as well !!!) & explain in covering letter that it is an usual practice in India where the brides' name is changed after marriage

I guess the passport is in old name. You can possibly get a new passport under tatkal (Urgent) scheme with new name. Check on passport.nic.in for time taken to issue new passport under this scheme.

Here is the link

Tatkaal Scheme
http://passport.gov.in/cpv/TatkalScheme.htm

Change of Name
http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXURED_woman.htm

hsmp_sachin
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_sachin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi,

My wife's application was rejected with 320(7a) and was allowed for Appeal within 28 days of receiving the refusal letter. she was involved in a shoplifting offence in UK in November 2007 and was arrested and cautioned. She was neither penalised nor given any sentence.

The reason mentioned on the Refusal letter was, she did not disclose this on the VAF10 application form. Apart from this the other reason was the name difference in DOB certificate of son and her passport.

Thanks
Sachin