ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hector
Newly Registered

EC

Post by Hector » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:29 am

Hi all,
Is there any guideline regarding the amount of funds one needs to show for EC? Is 8000 GBP sufficient if I and my wife go for EC together (Delhi Office)?

Secondly, Can I show amount invested in property as funds available?

Cheers,
Hector

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:49 pm

Here is a link to other people's experience in EC and their feedback to this forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=832

Time for some legwork ;)

Hector
Newly Registered

Post by Hector » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi mwazir,
thanks for the response, but i've already scanned the post you mentioned. It confuses more than answering my queries. People from different places have shown different amounts .. from 6000 AUD to 16000 GBP .. theres no standard it seems. I presume, its governed by various factors like accomodation and employement. Probably one has to leave it to Luck! :-)

thanks neways.
Hector

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

I would recommend that you prepare an estimated monthly budget for you and your spouse, and then show that the funds you have will support you both for 3-6 months. There's lots of info on this forum and on the internet to estimate living expenses. My solo basic living expenses in Scotland came to just under 1000 pounds a month, including estimated council tax. Having a well-reserached budget will also (I think) let the IO determine that you have a realistic idea of what it will cost to live in the UK.