ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary question for points needed PSW to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Salary question for points needed PSW to Tier 2

Post by elfgirl » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:27 am

Hello, I've just been skimming thru the points calculator.

I still have 22 months left on my PSW but am eager to know if I can switch to Tier 2 or start making plans to go home in a year or so.

I've been with the same company for 8 months who are on the approved sponsor list.

My current salary is about £1300 below what I need to get enough points. However on my contract it states that my job currently attracts an unpredictability allowance of £1873. (basically we'll pay you a tiny bit more because sometimes you have to come to work at random times)

I do remember my first paycheck having a very LARGE payment on it. Can this allowance count towards the amount needed for points?

also what's the documentation for salary requirements? is it paycheck stubs or a contract? or can either be used?
(asking this since my allowance was put on the first paycheck rather than within the last 6 months)

thanks in advance!

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Well I've researched and you can include any allowances as long as they are guarenteed as part of your salary package and not overtime, bonuses etc. (as in something that could change from month to month)

My question is how you prove this earnings. Mine is given in a lump sum once a year. Does your sponsor/company simply enter the amount in the certificate or do your paycheck stubs prove earnings?

calawang
Newly Registered

Re: Salary question for points needed PSW to Tier 2

Post by calawang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

elfgirl wrote:Hello, I've just been skimming thru the points calculator.

I still have 22 months left on my PSW but am eager to know if I can switch to Tier 2 or start making plans to go home in a year or so.

I've been with the same company for 8 months who are on the approved sponsor list.

My current salary is about £1300 below what I need to get enough points. However on my contract it states that my job currently attracts an unpredictability allowance of £1873. (basically we'll pay you a tiny bit more because sometimes you have to come to work at random times)

I do remember my first paycheck having a very LARGE payment on it. Can this allowance count towards the amount needed for points?

also what's the documentation for salary requirements? is it paycheck stubs or a contract? or can either be used?
(asking this since my allowance was put on the first paycheck rather than within the last 6 months)

thanks in advance!

If you are switching from PSW to T2, you will need to supply 2 documents to prove that you have been working for your employer for more than 6 months, ie, payslip and bank statement. For prospective earnings, you only need to ask your company to confirm your salary details. that is to say, you do not need to use payslip to prove your 'prospective earnings'.