ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainance Fund Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssuresh83

Maintainance Fund Proof

Post by ssuresh83 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Guys if we have submitted a letter from bank and statments in A4 paper with bank logo and address in colour with sign and seal of the bank manager is it accepted?

If we have also sent savings passbook that contains all the transaction to till date. is it ok?
Suresh S

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm

please reply
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Is it on Bank's official letter head?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 am

Mine is an A4 paper from bank with Logo and Address and it is signed by branch manager and has bank seal and also round seal . The letter also contains word "The documents supplied are authentic". I had also called my branch manager , and told him that "if anybody calls from visa office, do mention that documents supplied are geniuine"
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 am

ssuresh83 wrote:Mine is an A4 paper from bank with Logo and Address and it is signed by branch manager and has bank seal and also round seal . The letter also contains word "The documents supplied are authentic". I had also called my branch manager , and told him that "if anybody calls from visa office, do mention that documents supplied are geniuine"
may be I have problem understanding it but the above still does not answer my question- "Is the letter on Bank's Letterhead"?

Instead of supplying a detailed explanation can you answer in Yes or No please?
regards,
push

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:54 am

The branch manager had word document with my contents ,the word document had SBI logo and Address and printed in a color printer in SBI branch.
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:40 am

ssuresh83 wrote:The branch manager had word document with my contents ,the word document had SBI logo and Address and printed in a color printer in SBI branch.
Well, I would not call that a Bank's letter-head. What they are doing is for their own convenience (trying to save the trouble of having to align the word document with the official stationery). If I were in your position I would have asked for a letter on their printed letter-head. All the banks have it. Some applicants might have got an approval using such an evidence but I am of the opinion that its not worth taking chances these days.

Will invite others to share their experiences.
regards,
push

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm

@push_hsmp
Yes i need to wait for other people who have maintained account in SBI and how they have got letter .I have also submitted my passbook , and told to my branch manager to mention letter is genuine and printed in bank stationey. i have given his contact details in the letter.

let me know your view.
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:16 pm

ssuresh83 wrote:@push_hsmp
Yes i need to wait for other people who have maintained account in SBI and how they have got letter .I have also submitted my passbook , and told to my branch manager to mention letter is genuine and printed in bank stationey. i have given his contact details in the letter.

let me know your view.
It is for the applicants to not only provide an evidence which is genuine but also appears genuine. I am playing devil's advocate here - but what stops applicants from downloading the "logo" of a bank off the net and provide their friend's contact details as that of the manager and supply the document as a proof? I know your proof is genuine but it can give reasons for casewroker to suspect the credibility of the document if it is not on the printed letter-head.

I might be overly cautious but it does not harm to err on the conservative side. Lets hear out from those who have used similar documents and succeeded.
regards,
push

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:53 pm

@push_hsmp
yes that's right people can downloaded and fill the manager address , but in my case the sign ,seal and round seal are from state bank of indiaa and signed by branch manager also given his contact details.

@push_hsmp
can you tell me how they verify the
1. will they call my branch manager
2. will they call there own source.
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 pm

yes that's right people can downloaded and fill the manager address , but in my case the sign ,seal and round seal are from state bank of indiaa and signed by branch manager also given his contact details.

@push_hsmp
can you tell me how they verify the
1. will they call my branch manager
2. will they call there own source.
I know your case is genuine because I have the benefit of discussion held with you over the issue. The point is, will the caseworker too will have the same comfort? Is there a way we can provide him more comofort re credibility of the evidence- the answer is yes- by providing a letter on printed letter-head.

As far as verification is concerned, nobody knows for sure. Usually they call up the numbers provided in the evidence letter and spk to the person who has signed those documents. But it is HO's/Case Worker's discretion.
regards,
push

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:14 pm

@push_hsmp
Thanks for reply.if they call branch manager then it would be no problem.The round seal has his employee code .

what action do you want me to take now?
Suresh S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks for reply.if they call branch manager then it would be no problem.The round seal has his employee code .

what action do you want me to take now?
See, I am not the caseworker but as an applicant, I would have reqested the manager to provide the letter on their printed letter head. But if what you have got is the best that you can get, then go ahead and sbmit it.
regards,
push