ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa application failed due to not enough funds - HELP!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexis2000

PSW visa application failed due to not enough funds - HELP!

Post by alexis2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Hello,

Today the HO returned my passport attaching a letter saying that my application failed as I coulnd't demonstrate that I have over £800 in the last 3 month prior the submission of my application.
I submitted my bank statement showing its transactions/balance from 31/10/2008 to 27/01/2009. Apparently I missed 4 days as I should have shown my bank statement from the 27/10/2008 to 27/01/2009, even though from the period of 31/10/2009 onwards I had over £800 throughout. The reason why I didn't show those 4 days is because I did not have enough funds (£800)
Could there be a chance to appeal under the grounds that I have a full time job offer from my current part-time employer? So that from now on I am able to support/maintain myself and will not attempt to seek help from the state (if that's their concern)
Another problem is that my visa expired while my application was being processed ( took 2 month to get the outcome)

I would really appreciate your opinions/suggestion

Thanks.
Alexis2000

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: PSW visa application failed due to not enough funds - HE

Post by nionlight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:27 pm

alexis2000 wrote:Hello,

Today the HO returned my passport attaching a letter saying that my application failed as I coulnd't demonstrate that I have over £800 in the last 3 month prior the submission of my application.
I submitted my bank statement showing its transactions/balance from 31/10/2008 to 27/01/2009. Apparently I missed 4 days as I should have shown my bank statement from the 27/10/2008 to 27/01/2009, even though from the period of 31/10/2009 onwards I had over £800 throughout. The reason why I didn't show those 4 days is because I did not have enough funds (£800)
Could there be a chance to appeal under the grounds that I have a full time job offer from my current part-time employer? So that from now on I am able to support/maintain myself and will not attempt to seek help from the state (if that's their concern)
Another problem is that my visa expired while my application was being processed ( took 2 month to get the outcome)

Thanks.
Alexis2000
i have no idea about appeal because i dont think appeal will be successfull because as far as i know, appeal is for to show that you actually fullfilled the law but still you were refused. but in this case actually you didn't fulfill the requirement. recently one of my friends got his appeal dismissed because of the same reason as yours. eventhough, there is some cases where some members here said, they were successfull and i think its totally depends on judge's descretion. but you can send a fresh application now (within 28 days of your refusal date), if you have 800 for last 90 days and if goes well, you should get your visa consult with some experienced consultants ASAP. clock is ticking. good luck.

alexis2000

Post by alexis2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:08 pm

nionlight wrote:

Thanks.
Alexis2000
i have no idea about appeal because i dont think appeal will be successfull because as far as i know, appeal is for to show that you actually fullfilled the law but still you were refused. but in this case actually you didn't fulfill the requirement. recently one of my friends got his appeal dismissed because of the same reason as yours. eventhough, there is some cases where some members here said, they were successfull and i think its totally depends on judge's descretion. but you can send a fresh application now (within 28 days of your refusal date), if you have 800 for last 90 days and if goes well, you should get your visa consult with some experienced consultants ASAP. clock is ticking. good luck.
They actually have given me the right to appeal but taking into consideration that the case worker did not make an error evaluating my past application my chances of appeal seem minimal.
However would it help if on my appeal application i include the first 4 days of my bank statement where my balance shows less than £800 and also letter/contract from my current part time employer offering me a full time job as an additional ground to accept my application which will enable me to support myself?
Sending a fresh application is another option but my bank balance has slipped down the £800 certain days in the last 90 days so to me looks like another potential attemp of PWS visa refusal.

Any opinion?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:19 pm

alexis2000 wrote:
nionlight wrote:

Thanks.
Alexis2000
They actually have given me the right to appeal but taking into consideration that the case worker did not make an error evaluating my past application my chances of appeal seem minimal.
However would it help if on my appeal application i include the first 4 days of my bank statement where my balance shows less than £800 and also a letter/contract from my current part time employer offering me a full time job right away enabling me to support myself without any help?
Sending a fresh application is another option but my bank balance has slipped down the £800 certain days in the last 90 days so to me looks like another potential attemp of PWS visa refusal.

Any opinion?
i am very sory to hear this situtation mate. unfortunately job offer doesnt help in this case. because in the guidance it clearly says about 800 in last 3 months. if your bank account drops again, then only option i see is going back to student or apply from back home after 3 months because from back home you need to show 2800 for 3 months. so please consult with some experienceed lawyers in this cases. here are couple of them,
still-unclear.co.uk
visa-direct.co.uk

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 pm

its a very unfortunate situation for you mate, but Please do not waste your time. If you can not show that you had £800 ALL THE TIME, within the 3 months prior to your application the chances are you will lose the appeal. Its the harsh reality, but if you can show another bank account or even a joint bank account with your name on it and which shows that you have above £800 ALL THE TIME within the last 3 months then you might have a chnace of winning the appeal. I hope you all the best and advise you to consult an experienced lawyer who can create some grounds (if any) for you to stay here, but HO refusal was correct in your case.

alexis2000

Post by alexis2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:55 pm

jack199 wrote:its a very unfortunate situation for you mate, but Please do not waste your time. If you can not show that you had £800 ALL THE TIME, within the 3 months prior to your application the chances are you will lose the appeal. Its the harsh reality, but if you can show another bank account or even a joint bank account with your name on it and which shows that you have above £800 ALL THE TIME within the last 3 months then you might have a chnace of winning the appeal. I hope you all the best and advise you to consult an experienced lawyer who can create some grounds (if any) for you to stay here, but HO refusal was correct in your case.
thanks for the suggestions.
I'll consult some solicitors in order to create some grounds to support my appeal and hope for the best.