ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For those who applied or going to apply for tier1 extn early

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

For those who applied or going to apply for tier1 extn early

Post by golu » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm

hi Guys,

I have been thinking about this for some time, we have come across many threads that ask about if Tier 1 can be extended early before current leave to remain expires and we also know many cases where fellow hsmpians have applied early,

that brings us to a situation where we might fall short a month or two for the 5 year period ILR requires..

can i have ur views on this ? Views from everyone is welcome but quite keen to know from people who are already in this situation...My visa expires on june 10th, if i apply for visa now and get is around may 15th, i will still be 25 days short of 5 year

looking forward to an interesting discussion here

Golu

push
United Kingdom

Re: For those who applied or going to apply for tier1 extn e

Post by push » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 pm

golu wrote:hi Guys,

I have been thinking about this for some time, we have come across many threads that ask about if Tier 1 can be extended early before current leave to remain expires and we also know many cases where fellow hsmpians have applied early,

that brings us to a situation where we might fall short a month or two for the 5 year period ILR requires..

can i have ur views on this ? Views from everyone is welcome but quite keen to know from people who are already in this situation...My visa expires on june 10th, if i apply for visa now and get is around may 15th, i will still be 25 days short of 5 year

looking forward to an interesting discussion here

Golu
If you apply 4/6 weeks in advance of expiry of your current leave then the extension will be provided form the date your current leave expires and you should not face any problems meeting the 5 year requirement when it comes to ILR (provided "5" year does not change to "6" or "8" years)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

golu

Post by golu » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:35 am

are you sure guru ??

from my past experiences they always put the decision date as validity date ? however my past experiences include IGS, Student and HSMP so i might be reading from a different page of different book

so lets say i put my file fwd 5 weeks earlier but then make decision after two weeks then that will be my new visa valid from date

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:26 pm

From my experience recently, Homeoffice is issuing the visa considering the orginal expiry date + your extention period (3 years in my case).

jjkumar_73

Post by jjkumar_73 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Sunflower,

Can you share more details about your experience.....?
Like details like when you applied.... How many days before....
And how was the stamping date...... Did they gave after your actual visa expiry date... or does it got overlapped...

These details would be more helpful to us......

Thanks,

sunflower wrote:From my experience recently, Homeoffice is issuing the visa considering the orginal expiry date + your extention period (3 years in my case).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 pm

golu wrote:are you sure guru ??

from my past experiences they always put the decision date as validity date ? however my past experiences include IGS, Student and HSMP so i might be reading from a different page of different book

so lets say i put my file fwd 5 weeks earlier but then make decision after two weeks then that will be my new visa valid from date
The UKBA website itself says that they encourage people to apply 1 month before the current leave expires:
When and how to apply
This page explains when and how you should apply under the highly skilled worker category (Tier 1 General) of the points-based system to work in the United Kingdom.

For applications made inside the United Kingdom
If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.
regards,
push

golu

Post by golu » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

thanks push_hsmp,

But i have came across that citation before, my point to be specific is , if lets say i apply on 23rd of may for my visa expiring on 20th june and if they process my application in 2 weeks ( i knw this aint possible considering present situation but hypothetically speaking ), then wudnt they stamp my visa valid from 7th june ( 23rd may + 2 weeks ), in that case, three years from now i will be 13 days short of my 5 year ILR period..

i guess there shud be some grace period in calculating those 5 years, what say ??

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:27 pm

golu wrote:thanks push_hsmp,

But i have came across that citation before, my point to be specific is , if lets say i apply on 23rd of may for my visa expiring on 20th june and if they process my application in 2 weeks ( i knw this aint possible considering present situation but hypothetically speaking ), then wudnt they stamp my visa valid from 7th june ( 23rd may + 2 weeks ), in that case, three years from now i will be 13 days short of my 5 year ILR period..

i guess there shud be some grace period in calculating those 5 years, what say ??
They wold post date it to coincide with the expiry of your current leave.
regards,
push

hsmp12345

hsmp --> Tier1 (early FLR)

Post by hsmp12345 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 am

Hi fellow members,

I am currently in UK on HSMP visa that is valid until Mar'2010 (granted for 2 years). I am planning to apply for FLR switch to Tier 1 visa next month i.e. April'2009. I am not sure if I would be able to prove my previous earnings at the end of this year; hence going for early FLR.

Would really appreciate if seniors can answer my below queries.

1) Would my application be considered as an extension or new initial Tier1 application ?

2) In both the scenarios, would my application be assessed as per the new rules that come in effect from 31st, March'2009 ? Would I be able to claim points for my bachelor degree when I apply for HSMP to Tier1 FLR switch ?

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Eagerly awaiting for your response.

PS: This early FLR would not affect ILR as I was initially on work permit and has subsequently switched to HSMP; hence have already completed more than 2 years in UK

Thank You,
hsmp12345