ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Submiiting on 30th March

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rk_alay
Newly Registered

Application Submiiting on 30th March

Post by rk_alay » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please answer my query please...

I am currently in UK on Work permit and wants to submit my application on 30th March. (the reason for this is my family is in India and travelling on 28th to UK, wants to sbmit all applications at once).

My query is will my application is considered as per the current rules or the rules changing on 31st March

I am not eligible for Tier1 as per new rules as I am an Engineering Graduate.

Kind Regards,
Alay

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Application Submiiting on 30th March

Post by nionlight » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 pm

rk_alay wrote:Hi,

I am currently in UK on Work permit and wants to submit my application on 30th March. (the reason for this is my family is in India and travelling on 28th to UK, wants to sbmit all applications at once).

My query is will my application is considered as per the current rules or the rules changing on 31st March

Kind Regards,
Alay
why you are taking such a risk mate? if you have all required papers, then please submit as soon as possible. later on you can apply for your family. technically, you should be ok. but there is contradictory law about this. some one says, if the application reaches before new rule starts then it should be ok, other people say, if payment is deducted before the date then it will be ok and some one says as long as you have postal reciept confirming, you have sent before the date, it should be fine. so if i were you i wont take such a big risk! you can easily apply for your family as dependant or something else later on. first secure your visa.

thsmp
Newly Registered

Post by thsmp » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Hope this helps! Extracted from the UKBA guidance.

Date of application
The date of application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the UK:
Where the application form is sent by post,
• the date of posting; or
Where the application form is sent by courier,
-the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office;
For applications made outside the UK:
The date that the fee associated with the • application is paid and the applicant’s biometric details taken.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Yes you can but ensure that you send it by post ( A recorded special delivery I would say)& not by courier.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

n2009
Newly Registered

Post by n2009 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 am

thsmp wrote:Hope this helps! Extracted from the UKBA guidance.

Date of application
For applications made outside the UK:
The date that the fee associated with the • application is paid and the applicant’s biometric details taken.

What does it mean "the date that the fee associated with"?

I already paid the fee by credit card when I booked my appointment at the embassy. The transaction date is 18 March, I'll submit my application on the 24th and that's when my biometric details will be taken.
But my credit card payments are only deducted from my account once a month, so the payment itself will be deducted on April 10... will this be OK?

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Application Submiiting on 30th March

Post by maheshnair » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 am

rk_alay wrote:Hi,

Kind Regards,
Alay

Friend ,

Looks like you are not very serious about Tier1 .
Just remember with TIER2 rules also being changed , Tier 1 is a gold laying egg for WP guys .

If you are really serious that you need Tier1 , then apply today , run . Your family can come anytime . But not tier 1 .

Else ask your family to come asap by any cost and apply tommorow . This is a golden apportunity mate .

Pay by postal order , it is considered immediately , card cheque etc takes time .

I applied on feb 24th using PO and on 26th itself got the reference No . My friend also applied on 23 rd by cheque , he got ref no only on 28th .