ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Application - Success - Mumbai India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chili2
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Application - Success - Mumbai India

Post by Chili2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 am

Dear Forum,

I have recently applied for my wife's settlement visa , details:

date of application: 25-02-2009

current status as of 23-03-2009 : VFS tracking shows forwarded to the British High Commission.

Items submitted:
1. Completed application
2. 2 x my bank statments - about 8K + ISA 3K details. Wifes 2 x bank accounts. All past 6 month statements
3. Land Registry of my property.
4. Airtell , skype, vodafone statements of calls - past 6 months
5. sample of emails
6. Wife's degree certificate
7. My employee company letter confirming my salary and employment
8. my P60
9. Cards and letters that we've sent each other
10. Pictures of our registry wedding
11. pictures and passport stamps of holiday together that we went for in Sri Lanka + accommodation brochure of where we stayed.
12. My Absolute decree nisi - issued in London's court.
13. My wife's absolute decree nisi - issued in a Mumbai court.
14. My utility bills - water & Landline BT telephone for the past 6 months.
15. Wife's 6 month pay slips
16. Wife's employer letter

The above was out of memory so not arranged well but gives an idea of what we submitted.

I have heard of changes in processing settlement visas.

Processing time guidelines released on VFS website show that Mumbai North had 1 settlement application in Jan 2009, issued with 10 working days, which i find hard to believe as we've now waited for almost 4 weeks, with no change on VFS website on our application.

Any other person in same boat, still awaiting decision and how long its taking.

I did send an email today to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk but they can take 20 working days to reply ! I have read other posts where applicants have called the High Commission for an update as VFS just say it can take upto 3 months and to stay put.

Thank you for any feedback, i shall keep posting progress, though we've not had any for the past 4 weeks!
Last edited by Chili2 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chili2
Newly Registered

UPDATE - MEDICAL ENVELOPE IN TRANSIT

Post by Chili2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Members,

just got an update the day I opened this thread :

MEDICAL ENVELOPE IN TRANSIT

I believe this means the medical is being sent to VFS where she is to collect from Mumbai North, and do her medical,

After this, the medical will be sent directly to BHC - does this pretty much mean visa will be issued or is there a chance for interview still?

Thanks

Chili2
Newly Registered

UPDATE - MEDICAL

Post by Chili2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Forum,

Update on 25/03/2009:

Medical Envelope is read for collection; please visit the UK VAC where you submitted to collect the same.

Wife will pick the med form tomorrow - 26/03/2009.

Will update with how long it takes to get appointment & what tests are carried out.

ngkumar
Newly Registered

Post by ngkumar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

Hi,

Could you please let me know the form you used.

Thanks,
Naveen

Chili2
Newly Registered

form used

Post by Chili2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:01 am

Download from BIA

VAF4

get the guidance for the form as well.

Deva
Newly Registered

Wife's Settlement Visa from Mumbai North - Ongoing /timeline

Post by Deva » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Is Medical after or before interview ?

Chili2 - You had an update - "MEDICAL ENVELOPE IN TRANSIT" Was this update on VFS website or you received a message ?

Chili2
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Chili2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Deva,

Medical in transit was on VFS.

There was no interview in my wife's case. I conclude that they seem to have issued visa subject to medical.

Wife has been to central mumbai for Medical today - she has to pick the results on Monday 30/03/2009 and take them to another doctor, who will issue medically fit certificate. The doctor will send the medical envelope directly to BHC.

Letter states wait for 12 working days for visa to be issued.

I believe the order is:

1. apply for settlement
2. called for interview if needed
3. Medical requested for
4. Doctor submits medically fit certificate to BHC directly
5. BHC issues VISA and sends to VFS
6. Application to collect passport & all other original docs from VFS

Will keep forum updated of my progress.

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:00 am

Chili2,

Please let me know what medical test they conduct and in Which hospital if possible.

Thanks

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:00 am

Chili2,

Please let me know what medical test they conduct and in Which hospital if possible.

Thanks

Chili2
Newly Registered

Medical Information

Post by Chili2 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 am

Deva, medical info:

Wife had to take:

1. X ray
2. Blood sample taken
3. Urine sample taken

The following are carrried out against the above:
TB, HIV, pregnancy, (forgot 1 more)

She collected the results next day and went to another doctor, as directed in document , who checked her weight, height, BP, eyesight and informed that wife is medically fit. The doctor then sends the medical certificate direct to high commission.

Letter states to inquire 12 working days afte the medical about Visas so that takes me to week after Easter.

Hospital is Breach Candy Hospital, 60 Bulanbahi desai road. Wife then had to go to doc at Parvez hakim clinic , dr d n road, next to icici bank, fort.

I believe all this is near Churchgate... as she had to travel into central mumbai.

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

Re: Wife's Settlement Visa from Mumbai North - Ongoing /time

Post by varia_bhavin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Friends please as well let me know what is a progress
As I have filed submitted on March 18th 2009 and I am just waiting for the reply from High commision
Please in this matter if you could suggest me how much time it will take will be helpful.
you can mail me on varia_bhavin@yahoo.com
Chili2 wrote:Dear Forum,

current status as of 23-03-2009 : VFS tracking shows forwarded to the British High Commission.

Items submitted:
1. Completed application
2. 2 x my bank statments - about 8K + ISA 3K details. Wifes 2 x bank accounts. All past 6 month statements
5. sample of emails
8. my P60
11. pictures and passport stamps of holiday together that we went for in Sri Lanka + accommodation brochure of where we stayed.

The above was out of memory so not arranged well but gives an idea of what we submitted.

Processing time guidelines released on VFS website show that Mumbai North had 1 settlement application in Jan 2009, issued with 10 working days, which i find hard to believe as we've now waited for almost 4 weeks, with no change on VFS website on our application.

I did send an email today to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk but they can take 20 working days to reply ! I have read other posts where applicants have called the High Commission for an update as VFS just say it can take upto 3 months and to stay put.

Thank you for any feedback, i shall keep posting progress, though we've not had any for the past 4 weeks!

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

Settlement visa progress

Post by varia_bhavin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Friends please as well let me know what is a progress
As I have filed submitted on March 18th 2009 and I am just waiting for the reply from High commision
Please in this matter if you could suggest me how much time it will take will be helpful.
you can mail me on varia_bhavin@yahoo.com

AncientAlien

Re: Wife's Settlement Visa from Mumbai North - Ongoing /time

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:50 am

Chili2 wrote:Dear Forum,

Items submitted:
1. Completed application
5. sample of emails
8. my P60

Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz (Please share with others if it works for you!)
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Chili2,

What's the visa progrees ?

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Chili2,

I have heard that from 1st April for (UK visa ) medical its only X Ray. They have stoped blood and urine sample test.

Chili2
Newly Registered

Medical

Post by Chili2 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:10 am

Deva,

used to be Chest X ray only before... i recall when I first came into the UK on Student visa which is categorised as long say / same rules as settlement, i have to take an X ray at heathrow before given entry.

All my friends and family too had the same.

However, currently, all settlement category / not sure about student/ have to undergo the bloor & urine as well + a BP and general checkup with a BHC doctor.

this was the same for an applicant who made her settlement application from Tanzania & Kenya as well - made a few months ago.

to be honest, the time taken to do a medical, like an xray, or all that they do these days is the same - no difference.

My wife's medical went to BHC on 31-03-2009, we are to contact VFS to collect passport after 12 working days = 17/04/2009 , long wait, again.

Chili2
Newly Registered

How long can it take

Post by Chili2 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 am

Bhavin,

It can take upto 3 months but in our case:

VFS application : 25/02/2009

Medical envelope picked up: 26/03/2009

Medical sent back by Doctor: 31/03/2009

Projected Visa collection date: 17/04/2009

From above, its about 2 months, but I believe if an interview is requested, then 2-3 weeks more.

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

any more updates on settlement visa

Post by varia_bhavin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Friends.
Please keep on updating in this forum if is there any updates.
Would be easy for us to know what is going on.
Bhavin

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 am

Chili2,
What's the status shown on the website after "Medical papers collected" and the Medical test done by the second doctor ?

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

hi

Post by varia_bhavin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi Chilli2 & Deva,
Is there any fees for the medical check up?
Even would like to ask why they are taking too much time in processing my application. As I been to UK on student Visa before three years and now I have got married to the British born girl from my cast only. So what the reason they takes too much time for it. They said It takes 3 to 4 weeks and now most probably fourth week running. Bit worried now as I cant stay away from her anymore as she is there and I am here. We do cry sometime for each other and we spent near about four to five hours on skype.

Take care By the way keep us informed about status

Best regards,

BHavin Varia
God bless you!

khiladi420
Newly Registered

Post by khiladi420 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:21 pm

"15 April 2009: Please note that technical difficulties have been affecting the operation of visa services worldwide. These problems have been resolved, but the resulting backlog in applications means that customers are likely to experience delays. We apologise to customers for the inconvenience. Please telephone the VFS visa information service on 080 40084008 if you have any general enquiries"

looks like it will take a while

Chili2
Newly Registered

Tracking shows

Post by Chili2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 am

Hello

Tracking shows medical forms ready for collection, same as it was after medical envelope in transit.

all it says is collect the medical form, there is no updte such as medical completed etc

The letter attached in the envelope said after 12 working days, take your receipt & this paper to VFS and collect your passport... well its been 12 working days and after wife called VFS, they have no update.

VFS does the same thing, they log on to the tracking and tell you what you know already.

Wife has been trying to call BHC mumbai (number was in their letter head) and no one picks up! its at times engaged but when it does ring, there is no answer.

Well a bit at a loss here, but I guess that means dont contact us as we'll contact you.

As for Bhavin's question, why does it take long? well it doesnt really matter to BHC if you were in the UK before or not. There has been the thought that if you've been there once, its faster to get visa- i feel this is only true for visitor visas.
I honestly have no idea what checks they do but I can only think that there is a flood of applications and BHC is sifting through. 7-8 weeks for you to get the medical envelope so all you can do is wait - & bear the summer there.

As soon as I have an update, I shall post here.

Chili2
Newly Registered

medical fees

Post by Chili2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

Medical fees are Rs. 805 in mumbai, or about 1000 in other cities.

Medical process is as follows:

STEP 1
provide blood & urine sample + take xray

collect the above next day and make appointment with doc

STEP 2
Doc checks the results, checks weight, BP, height, sight , like a checkup. Doc then opens medical envelope and fills in the medical certificate. She then sent this to BHC directly, the next day - that was 31/03/2009.

today is 16/04/09 and there is no update!

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

Post by varia_bhavin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi All,
My application status changed and now it says medical envelop transit.
So is this mean to go and collect the envelop from the VFS or still it has to come to VFS. And what will be the next procedures. Can any one guide me please

varia_bhavin
Newly Registered

Post by varia_bhavin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Chilli2,
Thanks a lot dear for your sharing.
I just wanted to ask you they have posted as Medical Envelope in transit.
So I personally go to VFS to collect that medical form or that Envelope still to come to VFS and then they change it to collect the medical form. I am bit confuse in this.So if you can provide me detail it will be fantastic or if possible can you call me up or come online tonight my id is bevline@hotmail.com and I will be online tonight. or call me on 9820163177 if you are from Mumbai or else I will call you if you can provide me the number by mail.