ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejected Applying for General Tier 1 -- Help Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

ILR rejected Applying for General Tier 1 -- Help Urgent

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm

One of my friend have applied for my ILR (along with his wife) on the 14/03/2009 but was told by Home Office that it is bound to be rejected due to a break in his WP in 2007.

He is now planning to apply for my HSMP (Tier 1) before 30th March 2009 but his Passport and WP are with the HO. HO have advised him that it would take them 2-3 weeks before HO will send the passport back to him.

Question:

1) Can he apply for General Tier 1 without his passports as they are with Home Office already. He can provide photo copies of the passports.

He call Home Office and was told that, He can apply but he has to given permission to HO to withdraw his previous application i.e. ILR and also ask HO to consider(take) passport from previous application.

Please advise. Would appreciate your prompt suggestion.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: ILR rejected Applying for General Tier 1 -- Help Urgent

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:46 am

chetanojha wrote: 1) Can he apply for General Tier 1 without his passports as they are with Home Office already. He can provide photo copies of the passports.

He call Home Office and was told that, He can apply but he has to given permission to HO to withdraw his previous application i.e. ILR and also ask HO to consider(take) passport from previous application.

Hi Chetan.. Though i have not seen/been-in this situation, BUT

What HO adviced makes lots of sense and with just few days left for the new rules to come into action, your friend need to hurry..

just follow what HO adviced:

1. Send an Email/fax and post of letter to HO (pls chcek the address n fax no where to send) the Letter giving permission to HO to withdraw your IRL Application dont forget to mention the REFERENCE NO..

2. And again as they suggested in the same letter ask the HO to consider to take the passport from your previous application for the Tier1 (G).. this way your friend will be still be in the old rules..

* please wait for some more experienced ppl to suggest and share their knowledge... on this issue

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 am

He will definitely need his original passports to apply for Tier 1. I agree with Ramesh's suggestion regarding contacting the UKBA to see if they'll simpl;y transfer the passport from one application to another if the original ILR application is withdrawn.

Out of curiousity, who told him that the application would be rejected due to a break in his stay, and why did he persist with his ILR application if this was the case?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 am

Hi drjabberwocky23,

He personally visited HO for ILR, where he discovered some descrepency on his visa stamping. HO confirmed that these descrepency is either from HO or from him employers and hence they kept his passport for check/investigate why this happened. Descrepency happened 2-3 years back.
Thats how my friend was told that his ILR will surely be rejected but HO will return his passport in next 3-4 weeks. Now since he was in hung state and no point waiting another 2 years for ILR (rules may change by that time), he decided to apply for Tier 1 General.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi drjabberwocky23,

He personally visited HO for ILR, where he discovered some descrepency on his visa stamping. HO confirmed that these descrepency is either from HO or from him employers and hence they kept his passport for check/investigate why this happened. Descrepency happened 2-3 years back.
Thats how my friend was told that his ILR will surely be rejected but HO will return his passport in next 3-4 weeks. Now since he was in hung state and no point waiting another 2 years for ILR (rules may change by that time), he decided to apply for Tier 1 General.
Thank you for that chetanojha. It's a shame that he could not withdraw his application once he was aware that the application would be rejected. It seems pointless for the Home Office to be investigating something if they had already made a decision to reject his application.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

You mean apply with rest of the document and explain history and advice by HO agent in the cover letter.Also asking them in cover letter to withdraw previous application and use the passport in new application. Once reference letter/no.(of fres application) is received, send/fax another letter to HO asking them to withdraw ILR application and use the passport in this new application providing details/ref. no of old as well as new application.

This should make sure, the information reaches HO,for withdrawal and use passport in new application, before any decision is made on the fresh application.

Am i following your correctly?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

You mean apply with rest of the document and explain history and advice by HO agent in the cover letter.Also asking them in cover letter to withdraw previous application and use the passport in new application. Once reference letter/no.(of fres application) is received, send/fax another letter to HO asking them to withdraw ILR application and use the passport in this new application providing details/ref. no of old as well as new application.

This should make sure, the information reaches HO,for withdrawal and use passport in new application, before any decision is made on the fresh application.

Am i following your correctly?

Yes, you put it right.. though not soo simple as we write.. i just thought it should work because your friend the below information from the HO itself who adviced him to do soo..

Expert advice is also preffered so that nothing goes wrong n waste the time n money...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks ramesh.

He will also mention the name of the agent he spoke to, along with date/time so that case worker can refer to it(as they say they record conversations), if required, to put HO on backfoot.

But you never know.

Would appreciate other Senior member's advice too.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:26 pm

chetanojha wrote:One of my friend have applied for my ILR (along with his wife) on the 14/03/2009 but was told by Home Office that it is bound to be rejected due to a break in his WP in 2007.

He is now planning to apply for my HSMP (Tier 1) before 30th March 2009 but his Passport and WP are with the HO. HO have advised him that it would take them 2-3 weeks before HO will send the passport back to him.

Question:

1) Can he apply for General Tier 1 without his passports as they are with Home Office already. He can provide photo copies of the passports.

I believe if the person doesnt qualify for ILR then they process it as an extension of the current permit.
Check the caseworker manual for details

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 pm

republique wrote:
chetanojha wrote:One of my friend have applied for my ILR (along with his wife) on the 14/03/2009 but was told by Home Office that it is bound to be rejected due to a break in his WP in 2007.

Question:

I believe if the person doesnt qualify for ILR then they process it as an extension of the current permit.

News to me .

You mean if ILR is rejected , then that application will become an extension application . I dont believe .

ILR is a personal application , extension your sponser etc needs to decide ?

I dont think it will become an extension app.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi Republique,

He doesn't need extension of current permit as he is on work permit valid till 2013. He is switching from WP to Tier 1.
republique wrote: I believe if the person doesnt qualify for ILR then they process it as an extension of the current permit.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:06 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi Republique,

He doesn't need extension of current permit as he is on work permit valid till 2013. He is switching from WP to Tier 1.
republique wrote: I believe if the person doesnt qualify for ILR then they process it as an extension of the current permit.
Then they will just reject it
the extension applies if the permit was going to expire

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:36 pm

republique wrote: Then they will just reject it the extension applies if the permit was going to expire
Hi republique,

He is applying to switch from work permit to Tier 1 General and NOT extension.