ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Seekers Allowance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardraj

Job Seekers Allowance

Post by hardraj » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 am

Hi,

I have a quick question - basically am I correct in saying that as a HSMP Visa holder I am entitled to apply for Contribution based JobSeekers allowance.

The situation is this I applied for Contribution Based Job Seekers allowance when I was out of work - however my application was rejected, the response letter saying "the Law says we cannot pay you..."

I am not too fussed about it to be honest however I was wondering if this would have any inmpact on my Visa renewal?

Thanks

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 am

I shouldn't think it will have any impact but were you aware that you have "No access to Public Funds" whilst on your HSMP?

hardraj

Hi

Post by hardraj » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 am

Hi - yes - I was aware - but Contribution Based JSA is not classified as public funds as it is based on your NI contributions. And that is what I applied for - thats what I thought anyway?

republique
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by republique » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 am

hardraj wrote:Hi - yes - I was aware - but Contribution Based JSA is not classified as public funds as it is based on your NI contributions. And that is what I applied for - thats what I thought anyway?
you are allowed to get contribution based jsa so that letter is wrong
they must have been referring to income based jsa
because when i applied they made me apply to both even though i told them i couldnt get income based. It didnt matter since i didnt qualify for either.
it doesnt impact your visa as you didnt get it.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 pm

hardraj wrote:Hi - yes - I was aware - but Contribution Based JSA is not classified as public funds as it is based on your NI contributions. And that is what I applied for - thats what I thought anyway?
I would have thought so without much deep digging with UKBA.
However, when I just checked the Tier-1 (General) Application form it says otherwise.
Go to Page 55, It says, Income Based Job Seeker's Allowance is a public fund.

Hope UKBA, does not include access to NHS/Public School in a list of public funds!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

nnj10 wrote:
However, when I just checked the Tier-1 (General) Application form it says otherwise.

Hope UKBA, does not include access to NHS/Public School in a list of public funds!!!
Currently they dont. Future- unknown
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 am

Hense why we all get so annoyed with those who are on the dole! They quite literally sit around drinking most of the day with your wages... yaaaaay.

:evil:

hardraj

the funniest thing

Post by hardraj » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:13 pm

The funniest thing is that these so called National Insurance Contributions are paid... and we can claim in the event that we get unemplyed - much like insurance... We pay the government for something we cant claim back... it gets more apparent every passing day that the UK Government is simpply using immigrants to support the scum of the society who inturn return the favour by saying immigrants are taking their jobs - jobs which they wont even put effort in because they are quite happy with the free cash they get.

Who ever said slavery was abolished was wrong.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm

nnj10 wrote:

Hi Hardraj,
Just came across this link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... blicfunds/
which says, Contribution based job seekers allowance is not counted as Public Fund.
The one I was refering to from Appl. form is Income based job seekers allowance.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Job Seekers Allowance

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 am

hardraj wrote:Hi,

I have a quick question - basically am I correct in saying that as a HSMP Visa holder I am entitled to apply for Contribution based JobSeekers allowance.

The situation is this I applied for Contribution Based Job Seekers allowance when I was out of work - however my application was rejected, the response letter saying "the Law says we cannot pay you..."

I am not too fussed about it to be honest however I was wondering if this would have any inmpact on my Visa renewal?

Thanks
it wont effect your visa

hardraj

Post by hardraj » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 am

thanks guys

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 am

qucikly, sorry to hijack if you think but in same lines, what are the housing benefit ?
Currently shared equity schemes or Myhomechoicebuy where govt put up to 50% deposit to support FHBuyers, are those considered as housing benefit hence Public funds?
Kaff

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Kaff wrote:qucikly, sorry to hijack if you think but in same lines, what are the housing benefit ?
Currently shared equity schemes or Myhomechoicebuy where govt put up to 50% deposit to support FHBuyers, are those considered as housing benefit hence Public funds?
I am not an expert and not too sure, but my gut feeling is that this scheme is probably only for UK citizens.