ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Issue...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

English Language Issue...

Post by coolsats » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Friends,

I have done my B.Sc and then MCA. I have a letter from the university that my B.Sc was taught in English but don't have the English letter for MCA.
Can i produce the English language certificate only for B.Sc to get 10 points.
Both my B.Sc and MCA is from Bangalore university, and is listed in the Naric database. But just want to safe so sending the Additional document.

My questions, in the points calculator do i need to select both B.Sc and MCA or i can just add MCA in the qualification section.
Pls advice.

d_seng
Newly Registered

Post by d_seng » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 pm

MCA would be considered for points for qualifications, but Bachelor's will be counted for (evidence for) english language ability. So you need to submit both.

Hope this helps.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: English Language Issue...

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:31 pm

coolsats wrote:Hi Friends,

I have done my B.Sc and then MCA. I have a letter from the university that my B.Sc was taught in English but don't have the English letter for MCA.
Both my B.Sc and MCA is from Bangalore university, and is listed in the Naric database. But just want to safe so sending the Additional document.

My questions, in the points calculator do i need to select both B.Sc and MCA or i can just add MCA in the qualification section.
Pls advice.

You cannot claim points for all degrees you have .
Just 1 is needed .

Who told you need english letter from university ?
UKBEA is now linked with NARIC .

If you mca is listed in points calc then throw that letter . You dont need that .

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:49 pm

You can only claim point for one quailification i.e. MCA in your case.

For English language requirement, HO needs Bachelors Degree and not MCA. For English language requirement, you would need to submit your degree certificate. Unless you submit your degree how HO will know which university to check in NARIC.Also mention in your cover letter that Degree is listed in NARIC or point based calculator.
maheshnair wrote:[You cannot claim points for all degrees you have .
Just 1 is needed .

If you mca is listed in points calc then throw that letter . You dont need that .

Just 1 is needed .

If you mca is listed in points calc then throw that letter . You dont need that .[/quote]

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm

chetanojha wrote:You can only claim point for one quailification i.e. MCA in your case.

For English language requirement, HO needs Bachelors Degree and not MCA. For English language requirement, you would need to submit your degree certificate. Unless you submit your degree how HO will know which university to check in NARIC.Also mention in your cover letter that Degree is listed in NARIC or point based calculator.
maheshnair wrote:[You cannot claim points for all degrees you have .
Just 1 is needed .

Just 1 is needed .

[/quote]

Hi chetanojha ,

Are you sure if he is submitting his points for MCA and he needs to submit his bachelors certificte for english requirement ? It ispuzzling .

His MCA certifcate should do right . ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm

I agree with Mahesh.. masters degree now gives you points for english language...

coolsats, what does points calculator say for your MCA in regards to english language?

In my wife's case her MCA (3 yrs) was acceptable as english language proof and 35 points when i checked UKBA calculator last month... (results may vary for different universities..)

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 am

Pls advice.
you dont need to send english language letter form UNI

hello_moderator
BANNED

Post by hello_moderator » Tue May 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Pls advice.

Yes . You can put MCA and BSC together in calculator