ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal and Hours of work evidence... Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack199
Member of Standing

Appeal and Hours of work evidence... Help

Post by jack199 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Guys

I would like to ask few question

Q1. My course finished in Sept 2008 and since then i was working full time (till last month, when i started doing 20 hours again), My job is a commission based job where i get bonus as well on the top of my salary, and sometime it is quite high (£500 - £900 if you hit your target), My question is that in AIT appeal can HO Rep ask although your contact is 20 hours but why you are getting paid so high in your bank account? and to cover myself what can i produce apart from my 20 hours contract and bonus statement (how i earned that money). The contact clearly shows that i only work 20 hours and its a commission based job.

Q2. I also have an e-mail from my manager where he has confirmed that i can only work 20 hours during term time and full time once i finished my course can i also show that in the court as an evidence?

Q3. I also have a print out of my shift pattern which shows my hours or work (20 hours p/w) and days of work, Can i also show this as an evidence in my appeal if they ask me any questions?

I have only worked above 20 hours after my course has finished or during holidays (with the authorised permission)

All your replies would be really appreciated.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I don't think the amount of money earned is an issue... as different jobs pay different amount. But as yours is a commission based one you have to definitely prove that you only worked 20 hours a week and that it was commission and hence the variable earnings month-to-month.

The contract you mention in Q1 should definitely be included, but I fear that the "email" and the "printout" in Q2 and Q3 will not be accepted as official or legitimate. What you really need is for your manager to write you a letter on company paperhead stating that you only worked 20 hours a week, and perhaps attach the work schedule to that letter, on letterhead again, or chopped with company stamp.

Again, I am no lawyer so I cannot say if there will be any objections to what I mentioned above, if still in doubt please contact an immigration lawyer.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:34 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:I don't think the amount of money earned is an issue... as different jobs pay different amount. But as yours is a commission based one you have to definitely prove that you only worked 20 hours a week and that it was commission and hence the variable earnings month-to-month.

The contract you mention in Q1 should definitely be included, but I fear that the "email" and the "printout" in Q2 and Q3 will not be accepted as official or legitimate. What you really need is for your manager to write you a letter on company paperhead stating that you only worked 20 hours a week, and perhaps attach the work schedule to that letter, on letterhead again, or chopped with company stamp.

Again, I am no lawyer so I cannot say if there will be any objections to what I mentioned above, if still in doubt please contact an immigration lawyer.
Thanks a lot i will have this as a back up just in case during hearing if they raise this issue then i'll have this contract copy (orignal with the company logo) with me.

Are you sure that the other documents won't count as they are from company?