ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Re-Unification

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thomsen
Newly Registered

Family Re-Unification

Post by Thomsen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello Friends,
My Fiance and i just moved to Denmark
And we are thinking of a family Re-Unification, but we are not sure about how to go about it.
Can some one please inform US about the best time to Apply for it ? Are we are supposed to apply for a Re-unification before the visa expires, or when the visa has expired.
What is the best way to do it?

Tak!
Last edited by Thomsen on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Family Re-Unification

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 pm

You need to give more details. What are your nationalities? What is your current visa status? Do you intend to come to the UK? This is primarily a forum for the UK and help on Danish immigration may be limited.

Thomsen
Newly Registered

Post by Thomsen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

86ti wrote:You need to give more details. What are your nationalities? What is your current visa status? Do you intend to come to the UK? This is primarily a forum for the UK and help on Danish immigration may be limited.
Hello 86ti;
Am a south African woman, and my Fiance is a Danish citizen, and my visa (schengen states visa)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Thomsen wrote:Am a south African woman, and my Fiance is a Danish citizen, and my visa (schengen states visa)
I do not know anything about Danish immigration laws. There may be some information here http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/ .

Schengen visa are actually only issued if the consulate is convinced that the applicant will return.

It is not clear to me what you mean by "family reunification" as obviously you are together now but then you are not married.

Thomsen
Newly Registered

Post by Thomsen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:06 pm

86ti wrote:
Thomsen wrote:Am a south African woman, and my Fiance is a Danish citizen, and my visa (schengen states visa)
I do not know anything about Danish immigration laws. There may be some information here http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/ .

Schengen visa are actually only issued if the consulate is convinced that the applicant will return.

It is not clear to me what you mean by "family reunification" as obviously you are together now but then you are not married.
Not married yet.
Yes we are together. Thanks for the link

Reunification;- to apply for a longer stay than what my visa says

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

I think you are confusing family reunification.......family reunification is when a family has split up lets say a person goes to one country to work....and after a number of months/years wants to bring there family to join them this is family reunifcation!

What you need to do is apply for a visa to marry or get married in your home country apply for a spouse visa then apply for a residence card once you arrive!
If your future spouse lives in Denmark he will have to apply under Danish national law, but if he lives in another EU state he can apply under EU law!

I'm not to sure of immigration laws in Denmark, but I have heard they are one of the tougher ones in Europe!

You have a shengen visa which means you are a tourist! It was issued for you to travel through Europe!

Family reunification is a recognized reason for immigration in many countries. The presence of one or more family members in a certain country, therefore, enables the rest of the family to immigrate to that country as well.

keerni
Newly Registered

Post by keerni » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 pm

HELLO
if you can write and read Danish VISIT THE HOME PAGE

http://www.aegteskabudengraenser.dk/phpBB2/

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:53 am

Thomsen wrote:Hello Friends,
My Fiance and i just moved to Denmark
And we are thinking of a family Re-Unification, but we are not sure about how to go about it.
Can some one please inform US about the best time to Apply for it ? Are we are supposed to apply for a Re-unification before the visa expires, or when the visa has expired.
What is the best way to do it?

Tak!
You state that your fiance is a Danish citizen who has just moved (back?) to Denmark...where was he before this move? Are you permanently based in South Africa?