ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling app from -ImmigrationSection D5 - with 2 passports

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravi6666

Filling app from -ImmigrationSection D5 - with 2 passports

Post by ravi6666 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:36 pm

I am to apply for HSMP extension.

I am having two passports
1) New Valid passport , which is having the current Visa
2) Old passport which was expired - but I used this While I first came through Student Visa to UK and that visa is no more valid now.

There is Clause in ImmigrationSection D5.

"Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?"

Yes or No,

I kept "No" becuase Current Visa is there in the New Passport.

please let me know if I am right?

Thanks,
Ravi

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Filling app from -ImmigrationSection D5 - with 2 passpor

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:54 pm

ravi6666 wrote: "Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?"
I think you need to put YES because your previous passport has travel doc/visa which you used to travel to UK

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks for your response , but My current Leave is there is new passport.
I think the it says if your current leave is unavailable so that we need to tick Yes.

for example if we lost our passport and applied for new one. something like that..I am thinking

what do you think?

Thanks,
Ravi

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm

You have to tick 'NO'

As your both of the passports are avilable. One with the first entry and 2nd with your current visa. Remember you need to fill the details of both the passports in the form and you have to send both the passports to UKBA.

Look at the underline word

Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?"
Thinking low is crime....

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks for your response

dosknyppxpuxtg
Newly Registered

Post by dosknyppxpuxtg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:14 am

Hi There,

I'm in a similar position and posted my question at: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

In my case, I lost my passport and got issued a new one, which I sent over to UKBA for transferring my old visa. However, the new visa looks nothing like the old one and the reference number at top is fifferent from the old one.

Thanks in advance.
T_mahmood wrote:You have to tick 'NO'

As your both of the passports are avilable. One with the first entry and 2nd with your current visa. Remember you need to fill the details of both the passports in the form and you have to send both the passports to UKBA.

Look at the underline word

Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?"