ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do you need a coa to marry in ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bebe2

do you need a coa to marry in ireland?

Post by bebe2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:50 am

hi just read a post by someone who said you could travel to ireland by using a flight to belfast then bus to dublin to get married.
so my question is can an illegal marry in ireland?
do they need a coa?
can they now apply for an eu permit after.?
wud one be albe to travel to ireland on the bus without immigration officers being a problem?.
thanks.
hi

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Re: do you need a coa to marry in ireland?

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

bebe2 wrote:hi just read a post by someone who said you could travel to ireland by using a flight to belfast then bus to dublin to get married.
do they need a coa?
wud one be albe to travel to ireland on the bus without immigration officers being a problem?.
thanks.

i'm not shore about how to get to ireland but i can tell you that i got married 3 years ago in ireland and i wsnt legal . every thing went fine
Sorry but thats all i can help you wit

YOU WILL ALSO NEAD A 3 MONTS NOTICE FROM THE REGISTRAR OF MARRIEGE BEFORE PICK A DATE TO GET MARRIED ON

GOOD LUCK

Nehro
Ireland

Re: do you need a coa to marry in ireland?

Post by Nehro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 pm

bebe2 wrote:hi just read a post by someone who said you could travel to ireland by using a flight to belfast then bus to dublin to get married.
do they need a coa?
thanks.
Hi bebe2
You can marry in a civil office according to your spouse-to-be address. All you need is a passport as a photo ID as far as I remember from my own civil marriage. Nobody will ask you about your visa / immigration status. As for travel from Belfast to Dublin, yes there is a risk of Garda checks especially after the recent IRA killings in Antrim. You (or your partner) can however rent a car in Belfast airport / city for a day or two, and this is safer. And yes you can apply for Stamp 4 (Spouse of Irish if your spouse-to-be is Irish) without a problem. I do not know about the status if your partner is EU (but not Irish). May be someone else in the forum has information about this. Good luck
Regards

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm

the spouse is uk national i.e eu in ireland.

just to say is not for me but my bro becos some people will start throwing arrows about having two status. ITS FOR MY BRO ha ha
hi