ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

minimum experience required for 175 immigration

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zubairalimansoor
Newly Registered

minimum experience required for 175 immigration

Post by zubairalimansoor » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:23 am

I am software developer. I have 2.5 years of experience.can i apply for General Skilled Immigration ?i want to know the minimum experience requirement . As on website of ACS www.acs.org.au minimum experience of 4 years is mentioned.

Denise Casey
BANNED

Post by Denise Casey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

Hi,

What qualifications do you have?
There are 3 different groups of requirements /depends on how many years you have worked and studied/ and you have to meet one of them to assess your skills through ACS but 4 years of experience is one of the main requirements you should meet.
To apply for skilled migrant visa you will have to prove that you have worked in your nominated occupation for at least 12 months for the last 2 years.

Regards,
Denise

zubairalimansoor
Newly Registered

Post by zubairalimansoor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

I have 16 year education , BS computer science( 4 year degree). after completing degree i have 2.5 years of software development experience, now in which category i lie? am i eligible to apply for skilled immigration visa?

Denise Casey
BANNED

Post by Denise Casey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi,

To help you determine if you are eligible for a permanent residency visa to Australia please advise of the following:

Does your experience/qualifications cover the following: Computing Professionals – Software Designer
Relatives in Australia
Regards,
Denise

zubairalimansoor
Newly Registered

Post by zubairalimansoor » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 pm

i cover followings ,
Computing Professionals – Software Engineer (C++/C#)
Relatives in Australia ; no