ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to submit original evidence?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

When to submit original evidence?

Post by swjunkie228 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 am

My first application was denied due to an apparently missing end date of course on letters for my original application [The date was included and highlighted on two separate letters] and lack of including the graduate certificate [I graduated in absentia and I had not received my certificate in the mail yet, but included a letter stating I graduated in absentia and I successfully completed my course as per UKCISA guide lines].

I filed an appeal and have received my letter and it says any written submissions or further documents must be received by 23 April.

My question is WHEN do I send original documents as my appeal will be decided on paper (as it is fairly straight forward and their mistake)? Do I send photo copies now and wait for a request for the original certificate or do I send all of the originals now?

Thanks.

manjit14
Newly Registered

Get a solicitor

Post by manjit14 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Do not pursue things on your own, get a solicitor, if your's is a straight forward case, you can always negotiate, but getting a solicitor will give you peace of mind

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Re: Get a solicitor

Post by swjunkie228 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm

manjit14 wrote:Do not pursue things on your own, get a solicitor, if your's is a straight forward case, you can always negotiate, but getting a solicitor will give you peace of mind
Its a bit late for that and your suggestion seems a bit like scaremongering. I would debate why I shouldn't hire a solicitor but that's not what I asked. Why should a pay a solicitor hundreds of pounds when I went to a red-brick University and received a legitimate MA. I have no reason not to pursue them on my own when it was a clerical error on the UKBA's part which denied my visa.