ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canda immigration interview status

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rohit_parul
Newly Registered

canda immigration interview status

Post by rohit_parul » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:26 pm

hi,

Me and my 2 friends applied for canada immigration in Jan 2004. my one friend applied 2 days after me and second applied 10 days after me. and so our applications processing was started with a gap of 2 days between me and one friend and 10 days between me and the other. since then we received our letter in sep. 2004 stating that we need to attend interview. and in feb 2005, all our files were transfered to canadian consulate in new york. after that in March 2005, my one friend got letter dated 28th feb stating that he needs to provide some current employment letter and attend interview on 26th april 2005. on 10th march, my second friend got same letter from dated 8th march stating that he submit his IELTS results and appear for interview on 10th May 2005. I got a letter on 18th march stating that i need to provide my FBI fingerprinting clearance. but my letter had no mention of when i should appear for the interview. i had already done the FBI fingerprinting clearance as of aug. 2004 along with my friends and sent it to them promptly on 19th March 2005 which they recived on 21st March 2005. I have the foll. questions regarding my application for permanant residence.

1. Is it required for me to perform the fingerprinting again from FBI as the clearance that i sent is dated Aug 05, 2004? The FBI clearance usually takes 2 months to come so if i need to do one, i need to do asap.

2. Both my friends are B.Com (Bachlor of Commerce) 3 year degree holders from India and i have an Enginnering degree (4 yrs) from India as well as MBA from USA. Inspite of my advanced degree, why is it that i did not get the date for appearance for interview? Also, should i consider that i might have a waiver in my interview due to my advanced degree? Whether i get waiver in my interview or not, approx. when should i expect another letter from the canadian consulate in new york advising me of any further action, whatsoever? Is it alright for me to enquire regarding my application to the consulate by faxing them a request or will that delay my application even further?

3. The website of the consulate mentions that there is a wait of 1 year for them to call for interview after the PR file has reached New York. How far is this true?

Pl. advise me on these 2 issues as i am eagerly awaiting some response from the consulate.

Thanking you in anticipation of a responce.

Many thanks,