ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office kept passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurramuk
Newly Registered

home office kept passport

Post by khurramuk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm

hi,

i applied my igs extension last week through premior service, i sent my solicitor there, there was no problem with my bank sttement,the balance was all time more than £800. i dont know why they kept my passort.my college was lcmit. can anyone give me any sugession.thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: home office kept passport

Post by yasa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 pm

khurramuk wrote:hi,

i applied my igs extension last week through premior service, i sent my solicitor there, there was no problem with my bank sttement,the balance was all time more than £800. i dont know why they kept my passort.my college was lcmit. can anyone give me any sugession.thanks
i hope everything will be fine never heard anything like it

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 pm

thanks for your reply, i want to ask you will they confirm from college?

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:54 pm

hi,

i am still waiting for your reply?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:11 am

i am still waiting for your reply?
i dont think they confirm they take time to endorse visa

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:29 am

thanks for your reply

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:58 pm

khurramuk wrote:thanks for your reply
no worries do update about the status...

i guess your representer should tell u everything...

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm

thanks very much for your help, i also want to find when the home office will return passport, will they return to my home address or to solicitor, i am asking because the letter i have recieved from home office was in my name, they didnt mentioned any solicitor name in the letter.
also can they still refuse my extension if they find i the diploma is not genuine. waiting for reply.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:34 pm

khurramuk wrote:thanks very much for your help, i also want to find when the home office will return passport, will they return to my home address or to solicitor, i am asking because the letter i have recieved from home office was in my name, they didnt mentioned any solicitor name in the letter.
also can they still refuse my extension if they find i the diploma is not genuine. waiting for reply.
If your diploma is not genuine and your case gets into the hands of a very thorough caseworker who goes through the pains of checking your qualifications, and in turn finds them to be fake...you might have a refusal there.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 pm

khurramuk wrote:thanks very much for your help, i also want to find when the home office will return passport, will they return to my home address or to solicitor, i am asking because the letter i have recieved from home office was in my name, they didnt mentioned any solicitor name in the letter.
Dont worry about it they have given u IGS for the same certificate u can challenge this decision if anything worst happen... anyways fingers crossed and pray....

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:15 am

Have u got your passport or still waiting.

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm

not yet. still waiting, have you heard from any of your who gotigs extension through lcmit.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 pm

khurramuk wrote:not yet. still waiting, have you heard from any of your who gotigs extension through lcmit.
donno any thing about this mate I just tried to help u out which considering other ppls experiences but i really dont know about LCMIT.

TireOne
Newly Registered

Re: home office kept passport

Post by TireOne » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm

No sir currently there is no premium service available for applying under Tier-1 Post Study Work Transitional Arrangements which is from IGS - to - PSW.

as there is no premium service available so there for they kept your passport because HO will consider it as a normal post application. For normal post they said they will take at least* 6 weeks to process...

did u receive any acknowledgement and what about fee payment? is it processed?

check this out

Application in person
We do not currently offer this service. If you would like to apply under the post-study worker category, send it by post. The service for applying in person may be available in the future.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

khurramuk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by khurramuk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 pm

they kept my passport and processed my fees same day when i applied.and they gave latter of acknowledgement same day.