ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saleemshaik
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds Query

Post by saleemshaik » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi

I applied for UK visa last week and sent my applicaiton with all documents to UK Consulate, Los Angeles. Below is my points summary

Attributes
Age 5
Qualifications 35
Earnings 45
United Kingdom experience 0
Total (75 points required) 85
English language
English language 10
Total (10 points required) 10
Maintenance
Maintenance (funds) 10

For Maintenance funds i submitted bank statements of Jan, Feb and March with balances of $3400, $3900 and $6150 respectively.

2800 British pounds = 4 002.32 U.S. dollars.

My question will these balances in bank statements results in rejection of my application.

Senior members or any one with past experience, please answer me.

Thanks
Saleem Shaik

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:57 pm

If you need to demonstrate £2800 or the equivalent in funds for the last three months, then that is what you will need to show. Unfortunately, it does not appear that you have managed to show this with the information you have provided so far.

A couple of points - would the exchange rates for the other two months work in your favour? Also, have you got any other accounts that you can use to prove funds, as you can always pool two accounts together.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:would the exchange rates for the other two months work in your favour? Also, have you got any other accounts that you can use to prove funds, as you can always pool two accounts together.
(1) You cant use different exchange rates for different months
(2) If one has already submitted the application it has been evaluated one can not provide aditional documentation (assuming turnaround in US is fast)

Apologies, but it looks me a case heading towards rejection.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:would the exchange rates for the other two months work in your favour? Also, have you got any other accounts that you can use to prove funds, as you can always pool two accounts together.
(1) You cant use different exchange rates for different months
(2) If one has already submitted the application it has been evaluated one can not provide aditional documentation (assuming turnaround in US is fast)

Apologies, but it looks me a case heading towards rejection.

Also you would have to maintain atleast £2800 every single day for the past 3 months in your account (please correct me if Im wrong).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm

coolchap wrote:Also you would have to maintain atleast £2800 every single day for the past 3 months in your account (please correct me if Im wrong).
No you are absolutely right.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
coolchap wrote:Also you would have to maintain atleast £2800 every single day for the past 3 months in your account (please correct me if Im wrong).
Thanks for that push_hsmp

saleemshaik
Newly Registered

Post by saleemshaik » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 pm

coolchap wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Guys thanks for your replies.
Please let me know if there is any workaround to appeal incase of rejection and given chance to appeal.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am

saleemshaik wrote:
coolchap wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Guys thanks for your replies.
Please let me know if there is any workaround to appeal incase of rejection and given chance to appeal.
it really depends as if u are going for appeal they normally dont ask for new evidences... but to be really honest they are very strict about the rules... and maintenance funds are compulsary to show...
lets hope for the best otherwise apply agin with proper money in your bank for three months...

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds Query

Post by yasa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:32 am

saleemshaik wrote:Hi

I applied for UK visa last week and sent my applicaiton with all documents to UK Consulate, Los Angeles. Below is my points summary

Attributes
Age 5
Qualifications 35
Earnings 45
United Kingdom experience 0
Total (75 points required) 85
English language
English language 10
Maintenance
Maintenance (funds) 10

For Maintenance funds i submitted bank statements of Jan, Feb and March with balances of $3400, $3900 and $6150 respectively.

2800 British pounds = 4 002.32 U.S. dollars.

My question will these balances in bank statements results in rejection of my application.

Senior members or any one with past experience, please answer me.

Thanks
Saleem Shaik
u said 10 points for maintenance funds but u r not likely to get this...