ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Account Rule for Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubindedhia
Newly Registered

Joint Account Rule for Maintenance Funds

Post by rubindedhia » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks
Last edited by rubindedhia on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

koolbone

Re: Joint Account Rule for Maintenance Funds

Post by koolbone » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:05 pm

rubindedhia wrote:Hi,

My girlfriend will be applying for IGS renewal however her balance dips below £800 to £500 for 15days. Is it possible for me to cover her if we have a Joint Account during that period?
do we need to show any relationship in the form ?
what is the best way to cover funds if the balance is low?

Please advise.

Appreciated.
Thanks.
Of course a joint account will suffice for the period that the balance is below the required amount. You don't need to show any relationship in the form, just make sure she is one of the named holders of the joint account and she submits the joint account statements with her other bank statements to ensure that the total balance from all the accounts is at least 800 pounds at all times within the three month period.
All the best

rubindedhia
Newly Registered

Post by rubindedhia » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Thanks
Last edited by rubindedhia on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 pm

rubindedhia wrote:My account holds balance mostly in the internet saver account which is obviously linked to the current account so when we move to the joint account..would her name be eligible for internet saver as well...
Please advise to your best knowledge...
Much appreciated..
The best people to answer this question is your bank, They are the only people who can confirm this. I would strongly advise you to contact your bank and ask these question to them. It differs from Bank to Bank.