ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question in regard to the application for PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bacchus
Newly Registered

Question in regard to the application for PSW visa

Post by Bacchus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:24 am

Hi

I heard that if I submit the application form and the required documents at the public enquiry office (which charge me 200 quids more), I will receive my passport back on that day. Is it true?

I am a bit confused because if they grant me a visa, they will have to stick it on my passport anyway. So if they don't receive my passport how can they do that?

My visa will be expired on 30 April 2009 and I am now considering whether it will be better to send the application by post or go to the public enquiry office. Because I also want to keep my passport with me if possible.

Thank you all for your reply.

flygirl

Re: Question in regard to the application for PSW visa

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Bacchus wrote:Hi

I heard that if I submit the application form and the required documents at the public enquiry office (which charge me 200 quids more), I will receive my passport back on that day. Is it true?

I am a bit confused because if they grant me a visa, they will have to stick it on my passport anyway. So if they don't receive my passport how can they do that?

My visa will be expired on 30 April 2009 and I am now considering whether it will be better to send the application by post or go to the public enquiry office. Because I also want to keep my passport with me if possible.

"Sticking" a visa on your passport takes just a few minutes, so that is not a problem at all. While most applications are decided the same day, if they need to carry out further checks on your documents, they will keep your passport.

However, there is usually a long waiting period for such appointments so I'm not sure you will still get an appointment for this month. If you're considering it, you should decide quickly.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Question in regard to the application for PSW visa

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Bacchus wrote:Hi

Yes you have to pay more but you get the visa the same day, BUT there is a long Q for appointments so you might even have to wait few weeks, so its up 2 you whatever you feel comfortable.

PaulJohnAndCo
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by PaulJohnAndCo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Dear Friend,

The psw application now a days comeback with 3 weeks. So its better you apply by post if you dont get an appointment within a month at the Home Office Public Enquiry Office

Paul

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:47 pm

PaulJohnAndCo wrote:Dear Friend,

The psw application now a days comeback with 3 weeks. So its better you apply by post if you dont get an appointment within a month at the Home Office Public Enquiry Office

Paul
Just to let you know it comes back between 6 to 12 weeks. There are people who are waiting since Oct/Nov. So there isn't a specific timescale. I wish for you it comes back in 3 weeks (very unlikely). There is a backlog and big Q now.

All the best

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:18 pm

sometimes in express service they took the passport for further consideration and will take about a week or two. i guess its better to post dont worry about the backlock as they r dealing it differently..