ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1-Unusual situation-help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jason23

Tier 1-Unusual situation-help needed

Post by jason23 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

I am a current Masters student at Warwick Business School and want to prepare for my Tier 1 general application as I am in India for a short break
My situation is simply this.
1)I want to declare earnings for June -07 to May-08(since my course started Sept-08,Is this period correct?)as I did not work from Jun-08 to Sept-08.
2)I have payslips for Dec-07 to May-08.
3)I have a tax statement from April-07 to March-08.
4)I have bank statements for the entire period mentioned in 1)
I am not able to obtain any more payslips as it is just that company policy prevents my previous organisation from giving out any payroll information once the employee has left.
I am not sure if the above will be sufficient as it is all I have access to.I would like to claim earnings from Jun-07 to May-08 as this easily makes me eligible for the Tier 1 general.
Also,I am unsure if showing my tax statement for Apr-07 to March -08 would be permitted as it covers only 10 months of my permissible 15.
Any help would do...Thank you

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 pm

hi jason...

I would suggest u also include the tax statement for this year (april 08 - may 09). Even though you have left your previous job, your employer will issue you a Form 16 (if in India, or equivalent otherwise).

That way you will have tax statement for the entire claim period as one proof and bank statements as the second.

Regarding the claim period. I think june-07 to may-08 should be ok for 12 months out of the previous 15. But I will wait for senior members to advice over this.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks for the reply.That actually makes sense.Only thing is I havent got form 16 for April 08-March-09.I am guessing that will come in a some time.Do you know what exactly do they mean by 15 months prior to course beginning(is that exact start date of the course?).Did you apply on your own or through a consultant.Do you know anyone reliable?
Oh and just to add is it common for employers not to give payslips after leaving an organisation?Can I invoke any legal way of getting it?
Thanks again

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:41 pm

I have applied under Tier 1 under the old system (with bachelor's degree)... and unlike urs, my case does not include a study break. I have applied directly through the vfs office. It is better to apply directly than to go thru a consultant/solicitor. Thanks to this forum, you get almost everything you are looking for.

From what I know, there is a section in the application for where you need to specify the exact date of your study commencement. So in your particular claim period I'm not sure if May 08 to Sep 08 will be considered as 3 or 4 months. Just in case it is taken as 4 months, Do you make enough points with 11 months pay(july 07 to may08)?? Again, I'm just giving my opinion, no practical experience in such a situation, so pls wait for senior members to comment on this.

Regarding the payslips, did you initially receive the payslips for that period and misplace them or has your previous employer not issued them at all?? If they haven't issued them at all, then you have every right to ask for those. But going legal n all, in my opinion is a waste of money n time, in my opinion, especially when you have a better safe option.

Inorder to obtain your form 16, you will need to contact your ex-employer. They have a legal obligation to provide you with one, even if you have worked only for one month. I worked for my previous employer only one month April 07 during 07-08, but I did receive a Form 16 from them at the end of the financial year. You just need to contact them and arrange a way to get it delivered.

However, most employers will prepare such tax statements for the entire organisation at one time, so you may not get it immediately. It is better to have a ex-colleague follow it up when you are not around. I would suggest you send an email to your HR/finance department authorizing an ex-colleague to collect the form-16 o your behalf when it is ready. That's what I did. Alternatively, you may request them to mail it to your address in India.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Again great information.Well I make enough points with 11 months as well but I would rather have all 12 months as it makes make application stronger.One question though,is it for me to worry that I will be claiming say July-07 to May-08 and for that purpose will be supplying 2 form 16's i.e which will include amounts for months than I am claiming.I will not be able to give them individual 12 months on the other hand 24 months on account of the 2 form 16's.I dont think form 16 shows monthly information....so my point is how will they know how much I earned for what month.....
With regards to payslips I think I have misplaced them and I will try and contact my employer about this years form 16.
Thanks for your help..

jason23

Help please

Post by jason23 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 am

I have met with my employer and they have assured me that I will get form 16 for this year Apr-08 to Mar-09
However,can anyone tell me if having form 16 for Apr-07 to Mar-08 and Apr-08 to Mar -09 is sufficient documentation for claiming points for the duration of Jun-07 to May-08?
Any help would really be appreciated....
Thanks