ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry into the UK with temporary Passport.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

treesaregreen
Newly Registered

Re-entry into the UK with temporary Passport.

Post by treesaregreen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:49 am

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience of re-entering the UK with a temporary passport?

I submitted my original Passport with my Tier 1 application at the end of March. I have to leave the country this month to appear in court case. I was issued a temporary passport by the Canadian government so that I could travel abroad.

I spoke to UK immigration about re-entering the country with a temporary passport and they said that my Tier 1 application would be annulled because I would be stamped as a visitor. But I've been forwarded information from Americanexpats.co.uk stating otherwise.

I'm supposed to be leaving this Sunday. I've already faxed the UK border agency explaining my situation to see if they what they could do.

Thanks for your help.

Teresa

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:45 am

When I called Uk home office they said you cannot leave country while application is being considered. They said you would need to withdraw application. If you really have to leave wait in Canada until your passport is ready with your visa and get someone to courier it to you. Someone else ca. Sign for you.